• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

side windows

smitty172

Grand Rapids MI
Is there any one that has drawings on how the reinforcing strips on the side windows get installed. Thanks for the help

We measured the old ones, cut out new windows with the die grinder, pre-drilled the holes and installed with soft rivets. We cut the strips from bulk material. In Fairbanks, Tamarack Air parts stocks it.

smitty172----Just glue them on with Goop. This is what Husky does from the factory.

Harold K.

I was a bit paranoid about drilling/riveting plexi, so I glued mine too (Polytak). Nothing has moved or shown signs of separating. Conversely, I loved drilling/screwing the Lexan, can't hurt that stuff.

Oh, one other thing. We found that once we got everything ready, it was easier to install (read "bend" ) the windows to get them into the channels and then install the strips.

Install (3 screws) the top channel (with windows in it) last.

Thanks I'll be in the hangar today to try I like the idea of glue iv'e cracked too many panels trying to hand rivet them.

Back