• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

exp PA12 false spar

dougsappllc

Am looking for a source of 8 foot pieces of BLANK pa12 false spar material. Any sources out there? I have 4 pieces of brand new untouched Univair PA18 false spar if anyone needs em.

Doug Sapp

I got mine from Vickie at Tamarack in Fairbanks...don't think mine was 8ft. though....

I think I got mine from Univair I just asked them for the undrilled stuff I believe it 8 or 10'.

Univair sells raw stock of the PA18 aileron false spar 96" as CSI-1029-096. CSI-1019-096 is the PA14 flap false spar.

Tried Univair, they have no blank material, did supply me with 18 type material which I cannot use, not their fault, I ordered it thinking I could make it work. Was hoping that someone out there has some 12 material in stock. Wanted 8 foot pieces to hold down the number of splices. Am willing to go with shorter material if I have to. Any contact info of sources would be appreciated. Thanks to all for the help. Doug

dougsappllc said:
Tried Univair, they have no blank material, did supply me with 18 type material which I cannot use,........

I don't understand your dilemma??? explain more...

univairs flap bay false spar blanks are all i have ever used...... 18 or 12 flap bay false spar is same? as far as I have noticed.......

the ribs themselves are slightly shorter behind rear spar on an -18 rib compared to a -12 by ~1/8 to 1/4".....

Back