• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

AK cargo

Oh, man--that doesn't sound good. Two more souls lost to the Pacific. It is cold out there.

MTV

Emily is the daughter of a dear friend, Leigh Lewis. Leigh and I go back over 30 years and 2 airlines together. Emily is the 1st 4th generation female pilot to be recognized in the Guinness Book of World Records. Both her Great Grandparents were pilots as well as her Grandparents and both Parents.

This is a terrible loss for the Lewis family. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Lou

Thanks for pointing that out Lou. Leigh was just updating me about her a couple weeks ago...and I remember when Emily got the job up there earlier last summer. Really, really unfortunate.

I also know the area as my uncle and aunt were school teachers and basketball coach and finally high school principal in Sand Point before eventually moving to Seward, AK. Conditions in Sand Point and the Aleutians, just like all of Alaska can be super, super, challenging. Mechanical mixed with weather is NOT a good combination.

Cal

My prayers to Leigh and his family and also Emily's friends and fiance.

AK Cargo

I towed banners with Jerrel Rydman & Emily Lewis in Ocean City Md. She was a very kind person always smiling .My condulances To Jerrel And the Lewis family Tom

Thank you Lou!

We will never know EXACTLY...The events that lead to this tragedy. We can however, exchange factual information from what is learned from the investigation.

I believe the two young professionals did everything they were trained to do.

Jim

A Celebration of the Life of Emily Lewis
will be held Saturday, January 30th
at one o'clock at the
Highland Community Center,
14224 Bel-Red Road in Bellevue, Washington

The Blackjack Squadron will overfly
in a missing man formation
in memory of Emily's love of aviation.

A reception will immediately follow.

Lou

FedEx Lou -

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Emily, her flying partner, you and Emily's family will all be in my prayers tonight.

CD

Back