• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New camera

Evan

Gonzales LA
I got a new camera its a linoo dv 640x480@25fps
its about the size of a cigar check it out and i posted a video from the camp this weekend
IMG_1844.JPG

IMG_1842.JPG

video link

http://vimeo.com/8486048

love the size and mount under lights but the video seems a little wavey, thought i was going to get motion sickness for i moment until i got used to it. what do you think?
gary

That video is wavey the wind 12 to 15 and rough look at the end of the video it gets a little better and smother
but for a cheap camera under hundred bucks?????????

Evan

Can you control it from the cockpit or must you start it before you take off?

What is the make and model....what you posted didn't come up.

Lou

Wavy

Bet you a nickel that if the camera is mounted better in the pitch aspect that the waves will go away. :-? Jerry B.

Hey Lou you have to just turn it on an video it last about 2.5 hrs
The waves only happen that on time
tim found the camera

Hmmmm,,, Evan,,, strap it on a shotgun and shoot something... see if it works,,, I have a plan... 8)

It's amazing how inexpensive these cameras are getting. I wonder if you could reduce the jello effect with a more stable mount. Nice work Evan!

Steve i put it on my 270 and video the deer hunt but it didnt do well when the sun went down but on a shot gun it the back of a cub!!!!!!!! that would work :lol:

Evan, how hard is it to get the video from the camera to the Vimeo site

Hey Tim its not hard just plug the camera up to your pc like it is a flash drive and save the file then up load to vimeo

How do you cut it down from an hour of video to 3 or 4 minutes you want to save

Like one that I bought from Oergon Scientific it will not let you you remotely start the camera. I bought a second version with remote control but technically it remotely starts the videing or snap shot. The bad part of the Oregon scientific is it has a battery saver so if you do not activate any of the buttons it shuts down after 1 hour. My plan is to mount it more towards the tail so the infrared remote can start and stop it as I cannot aim and activate it on the wing strut.
John

i've been using the contourHD [http://www.vholdr.com/] for a while now. it takes the most impressive video i've seen from a lipstick/helmet video recorder. i fly with it mounted on the dash and on a helmet. the video is 1080P. worth taking a look at. placement is not critical because of the wide angle lens, but it does have aiming lasers since there is no video display.

Bill Rusk's coming to Alaska thread revealed a nice strut mount for 1/4-20 compatible cameras. Thanks Bill! Contour cams don't have the tripod stud, though. Rage Cams now has a RAM mount for Contour that includes a Contour-specific adaptor to the RAM 1" ball. Combine the two? Perfect. Rage also has a lens kit that allows 37mm screw-on filters to fit onto the Contour cams. 37mm polarized and ND filters are common and cheap. Very cool. Rage makes some Drift 170 lens adaptors but they only appear on Ebay, not on the Rage site. Fun stuff as these helmet cam manufacturers race to get our business.

SB

They just get better and better. I just got a Tachyon HD video cam. Same size as the Contour, but has a remote on/off similar to a TV remote. Also waterproof if you fly in the rain, or if you go into the drink you can film yourself going to the bottom. www.tachyoninc.com

Tachyon has a message posted that the are out of stock due to the Japan quake and working to source new parts suppliers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pirep- I got the Contour lens kit and RAM mount kit from RageCams today. The Contour adaptor slides onto the grooved camera body and converts it to....a standard tripod socket. Too cool. The rest of the kit is essentially the same strut kit that I got from PilotMall. Both stores had great service, just not exactly the same products.

SB

Are there any cameras available , [reasonably priced] ,that will eliminate the propeller arc distortion that looks like a television with a bad horizontal hold problem? I recall seeing some vids where an add on lens was used to correct it but can't find them now .Any ideas? .............RC

Do a search about ND (neutral density) lens filters here on this site. Cubflier has provided a pretty good bit of information about them and how they alter the imager speed in the camera to eliminate "prop artifacts". I parenthesized that because it will be a good search tool. Look for those words.

The lens kit I referenced above facilitates adding filters to a Contour camera. Ebay has a Drift camera lens kit available from RageCams which is not listed on the RageCam website. You can jury rig filters onto other cameras, too. Changing the image speed settings on the cameras themselves won't do much good from my trials.

Stewart

[video=vimeo;21673580]http://vimeo.com/21673580[/video] This is a video taken with my GoPro Hero Camera. I like like it alot. Tons of fun to bore your friends for hours on end.

SB,

Do you have a photo of how you have your Contour mounted in your -12?

I just bought a ContourGPS so I can control it with the Android once they get the Firmware released. Apparently the Android won't need the connect-view card that the iPhone needs, just the new firmware that they will issue once they get the Android Ap finalized. I should be able to control the camera from inside the cockpit then if I have it mounted externally out on the struts.

I will check out the RAM mounts from RageCams...

Thanks

Back