• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

calendar details

Dick Williams

FRIEND
Idaho
I thought it might be interesting if, every month, the folks with pictures on that page go into a little more detail and background of the pictures for everyone's enjoyment.
Here's the skinny on January's glacier picture:

My son R. Patrick Williams is flying the airplane, N881RW. We are partners in the airplane and it has been in the family since his birth, 8/81. It has been in Alaska for 3 1/2 years and will be returning to Idaho this summer. Pat has been putting it on floats, EDO 2000's, every summer. The plane was also featured last year, in April I believe (sitting on the tundra during a caribou hunt) and has also had 2 small pictures in over the years (one on floats). He flew the airplane about 150 hours this year.
To keep with the international theme, it might be interesting to note that the photographer, Matt Harper, is a friend of his from Australia. The picture was actually taken sometime in the spring. They had landed and walked around the glacier, and then Matt stayed on the ground to get some pics. He obviously has a nice camera and a nice touch, but I don't know the camera details.
Hope this adds some to the enjoyment of the calendar, and that other contributors chip in during the year!
Dick

Any"tricks", "sneaks", "tips" or "CGI" in this years calendar?

I like the idea of the Calendar feature!

Iflylower said:
Any"tricks", "sneaks", "tips" or "CGI" in this years calendar?

I like the idea of the Calendar feature!

No, but keep an eye on the screensaver...

sj

july details

this is a great idea. i happen to know the photographer of the july picture. Gary,........tell us about the july shot, will ya?

July photo details

I agree with Joe - Gary's skills as a photographer in the July picture are incredible. Gary, tell us about how you did that shot, what camera and lenses and camera settings - wow must be that really expensive camera you have - what a shot (maybe only to be out done by the incredible glassy water landing skills of the photo aircraft pilot)

Calendar Day Size

STeve,
Could you make the day #'s bigger and bolder type face, so we can read them from across the room? My old eyes are 20-20 per the doc, but I can't read them from over 10' away. Thanks!

Back