• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

First Engine Start on my Experimental

Bugs66

Spokane WA
On Saturday we rolled my Cub out for first engine start. Wow, what a great feeling! No major problems. All electrics working good too. Just about ready for final inspection and first flight.

The first thing I noticed is I need some bigger wheels! ;)

Weight: 1210lbs with oil

default.jpg

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjZe9HwEQaE

What a gorgeous looking airplane! Thanks for sharing that big moment with us. I bet it will fly as good as it looks! Awesome project!

Great stuff and as the others have said thanks for sharing the event with us!! Always great to hear the first purrrs.

If I can make a suggestion.. first flight.. lose the audience! A couple safety guys and that's it. Too much pressure to rush/perform/continue otherwise...

The last thing MCS Mike did before I took off for the first time was to roll a couple of turns to trim the plane nose down. He looked at me and said it's more instinctive for a pilot to pull back than to push forward.

There's nothing better than the first flight of an airplane you built. Enjoy it.

Stewart

A huge congrats. Thanks for the website, plans, tips etc. From scratch no less. You are in a very select group capable of that accomplishment. Well done indeed.

Bill

Way to go Bugs!!! It's been fun following your progress. Needless to say, You've been a big help as a follow behind you. Can't wait to see the flight videos latter. Me, maybe two years behind you. Congrats!
Marty57

IT'S A GREAT FEELING TO FINALLY SEE AND FEEL THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOR.........MANY HAPPY HOURS IN THE AIR TO COME........CONGRATS

StewartB said:
The last thing MCS Mike did before I took off for the first time was to roll a couple of turns to trim the plane nose down. He looked at me and said it's more instinctive for a pilot to pull back than to push forward.
....Stewart

hmm... I don't remember that... but I guess you are still alive....so....

Bugs, jumping on here, you really have provided a great amount of information to others by posting your progress on your website. We all appreciate it!

Congrats, you'll be flying soon!

sj

Very nice looking Plane, O360 with dual exhaust what prop are you running? No Flaps ? Great Job Have fun

Icarus said:
Very nice looking Plane, O360 with dual exhaust what prop are you running? No Flaps ? Great Job Have fun

Thanks! Yes O-360-A1A (dynafocal 0-degree thrust) with Custom Aircraft crossover dual exhaust. McCauley 1P235 84/43. Flaps are there (77"). I think I want some Goodyears for it.

First engine start on experimental

Good goin'. Know the feeling, Same engine and prop on Bushmaster. Passed final inspection couple weeks ago.

OOPS Sorry Bugs didn't see the Flaps, Should be 1 Heck of an airplane with 180 & the Pawnee prop Great paint scheme 1 nice looking Cub

Back