• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Exhaust/Cyl temp gauge

Fortysix12

RanchAero Grand Vista, Brooksville
I guess I better put one in. Which is a good one for the 2 and quarter style? Reliably and easy to read.

Electronics International Had great service out of this one and it doesn't break the bank.

http://www.buy-ei.com/Pages/EC/EC_Overview.html

reflect_EC-1.jpg

fortysix,
if you can get it in the budget(and panel space) install a seperate 4 cyl. egt and cht. you really don't know which is your hottest cyl. and under different conditions the hottest cyl. changes. you can also tell a lot about whether your carb. is running too rich/lean. i have seperate aerospace logic gauges but nothing wrong with e.i.. let price be your guide.
gary

Sure nice to ck plugs with also. Had a UBG-16 in the 172 and have a SR-8A in the Cub. Like the SR-8A best of all. Putting one in the New PA11 also.

Matthew,
Why isn't there a basic 4-bar graph instrument with a selector EGT-CHT?
Seems there would be a market for a instrument without all the other bells & whistles.

Sharp

wow, i like that UBG 16-4 but the cost is probably around 2k and the cost my way is under 1k but it takes 2 holes.
gary

Right now the UBG-16-4 MEM pkgs run < $1000.00 through some dealers right now after you factor in the $300.00 rebates that they come with!

Matt

My Mom and I used those rebates last Christmas to get my Dad the UBG16. He loves it. He is less likely to complain about her remodeling the house now too. :lol:

Back