• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Brake line routing

gander

wasilla ak.
How many of you run your brake lines out near the front gear fitting and how many just exit out right in the center under the belly and which method is preferred??

Mine exit near the gear fittings. Originally the connections were up inside the skin. That was a pain for float changes. Bulkhead fitting through the sheet metal make removal and reinstallation of the brake lines much easier.

Stewart

Because the SS braided lines were free(off a Navaho) I ran one line from the master to the bulkhead Elbow that I installed that exits at the top of the channel brace of the gear. also easy to R and R. It's tight with the gear hardware but I don't see a problem. They were installed after I covered the airplane. I picture would help. Get one at lunch.

Reason for asking is i am making some more changes to cargo pod design and this was one area i hoped to improve on but realize there are a bunch of cubs that have lines that dump straight down threw this area and would make it a bit difficult to fit a pod correctly, but feel the change would help streamline the pod.

john,

i routed mine 90 deg. from the parking brake on top of the floorboards,out behind the frount gear attach fitting,one piece
ss braided line,connection at parking and brake caliper.not on floats and i leave the brake caliper on for skis.

jr.

Back