• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Covering issue

ep2

I need a covering advice....
I need to cover a fuselage. I have Poly Fiber coating (Poly brush/ Spray etc.), and ceconite fabric.
Is it possible to use the Polyfiber coating on the ceconite? is it compatible?

Thanks

It's compatible, but probably not legal...I think you have to choose one process (and its STC) and follow that.

Yes it's compatible; actually it's the same fabric off the same bolt and loom. Only the identification stamp is different. But legally you can not mix systems on a certified airplane.

I'd either call PolyFiber and talk with Greg about a Letter of Authorization... or roll on and cover it with the fabric you have.

nkh

Nathan K. Hammond said:
Yes it's compatible; actually it's the same fabric off the same bolt and loom. Only the identification stamp is different. But legally you can not mix systems on a certified airplane.

I'd either call PolyFiber and talk with Greg about a Letter of Authorization... or roll on and cover it with the fabric you have.

nkh
That's fine until it's time to sell the airplane or have it annualed by a sharp mechanic.

Back