• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Landing Light Installation

PA18project

Missoula MT
I just fabricated a landing light fixture per the piper plans but cannot tell how it is supposed to be attached to the wing. I have gone through the drawings, including drawing number 13396 ("light installation landing") and cant figure out how to bolt or screw it to the ribs, spar etc.

I don't have a landing light to inspect and I cant tell how the original might have been installed on an old set of wings I have. For what its worth, I do have original piper ribs on either side of the light. Thanks for any help.

Hi PA 18,

One part of the "complete" assembly is a sheet of aluminum cut to the shape of the nose rib. It is screwed to each bordering nose rib, and the rear panel which carries the whole light fixture has two tabs bent 90* fwd which in turn are screwed to those "paneled nose ribs" The piper drawing is 14442, I don't know if it comes up on the Northland but I have an old copy I may be able to scan and PM. Coincidentally my landing lights have the lenses of them right now. If this description doesn't work for you send me a PM and I will take a photo or two.

Take care, Rob

Back