• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Aircraft Seized: Could Yours Be Next?

Pokette

Chesterfield, Missouri
I subscribe to "pilot getaways" and found this disturbing news item. It is in the editors column on page 4, and a news article on page 8. the complete story is here:

http://www.savetheskyraider.com/site/Welcome.html

It says that Claude Hendrikson's rare AD-4N was seized because he did not have the proper paperwork and it will be distroyed - looks like our government is refusing to provide documentation to support their actions and not allowing any recourse for Claude...

very very disturbing

Pokette,,

I saw that and it is a shame... I looked at their web page and I am not sure who they bought it from,,, but it still had the guns in it... Very Very cool....

Anyway, our Republican Senator from Oklahoma, Jim Inhofe, is a staunch supporter of general aviation and he hangers on the field I am at... I know him, but I know his son better... I immediately fired off an email to his son to deliver to his dad... That way it dosent have to go through all the staff,, and he will get it this way.

I am sure it will spark an interest in our Senator...

Hopefully he can get something done... I will report as soon as I hear from Jim Jr.

Steve

Great! The article I read said the guns were removed and it came from France.

I`m tellin ya it`s time for the citizens to take up arms and put a stop to this kind of government insanity

Pokette,, you are right ,,, they did take out the guns... I was shocked they were still in there when they found the plane...

It showed pics on their web site taking them out... The site also had pics of tons of extra parts and extra engines,, all packed up in ORIGINAL boxes.......

This was like finding a goldmine... I would imagine there is stuff stored like that all around the world... just have to find it....and have lots of money...

I would suggest all the folks contact their congressmen on this deal... cant hurt... Sure hope Inhofe takes up the battle..

Back