• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Texas may let hunters shoot pigs from choppers

Speedo

FOUNDER
TN
In Texas a bill is in committee that would expand aerial wild pig hunting to include ordinary citizens (presently only state-approved hunters can gun pigs from the air). Right now it sounds like the bill is aimed at hunting from choppers only, but it's still possible to petition your representative to include fixed wing hunting. Here's a brief article: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hJeMtEEw-H2YCRNmqp9DTV-DDWiwD96ETA4O6

This could spawn a whole new industry: fly-ins organized around pig hunts, STCs for externally mounted guns, wild pig roasts, etc. Looks to me like the farmers win, the pilots win, and the piggies, well, not so much. Write your representative today!

Helicopter was here doing it a few weeks ago. I can see it now, 1st Annual Graham Armadillo and Hog Hunt. :lol:

hunting in Texas

Have a friend in Edna, Tx., who hunts pigs out of a Robinson, (under state license). Has been doing it for years. He also used to hunt them out of his Super Cub. Had his guns mounted on the struts and a trigger wired to seleniods to fire them. The wild pigs around that area really tear up the rice fields. Jon

So, how come PETA and Friends of Whatever aren't on this one like ugly on an ape??? Too busy annoying Alaskans?

What kind of weaponry are they using on these things? I wouldn't think a shotgun with buck would be very reliable on pigs....

Interesting--pigs are approaching the same status as coyotes.. :lol:

Now, if we could just do away with the Wild Horse and Burro Act....

MTV

It is not nice getting up in the morning and seeing your nice runway you have worked on for years all rutted up. We shot hogs any way we can. Day, Night, from the air, truck and even the kitchen door. Still can't hurt the population. The ranchers have been hiring people to shoot from the air for years, license or not. Never heard of a ticket being issued for hog hunting, and we back right up to Fed Land and do quite of work for them.

WHERE'S ASHLEY JUDD!
Maybe she's not wanting to look a hog in face, better a fuzzy, cute Wolf huh?
Pretty selective I'd say, tough on any credibility, as if.......... :evil:

MTV,

They read in the paper that if you annoy a Texan, they shoot you immediatly! Called 'road rage', but I think it has more to do with being tired of putting up with all of the east coast and kalifornia bull.

Now we have the chicago mob payout stuff to contend with... where are athe Texas drivers?

Back