• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Double groove trim pulley

Marty57

PATRON
Nipomo, Ca
I'm about ready to put together the trim on my 2+2/PA14 exp. The tail feathers are done so time for the trim. I have the jack screw, yoke, stab link assembly and liner tube in place. So, I need the double groove pulley and attachment hardware, pulleys for up front, springs, etc. Who has the best prices and best parts; I need to get the parts together here soon. Thanks

Marty57

www.xanga.com/martyfeehan

I think Dakota Cub's are top notch. I splurged and got their yoke, jackscrew, and pulley assembly.

You're project is looking good Marty! Keep it up!

Marty57 said:
I'm about ready to put together the trim on my 2+2/PA14 exp. The tail feathers are done so time for the trim. I have the jack screw, yoke, stab link assembly and liner tube in place. So, I need the double groove pulley and attachment hardware, pulleys for up front, springs, etc. Who has the best prices and best parts; I need to get the parts together here soon. Thanks

Marty57

www.xanga.com/martyfeehan

I don't know anything about a PA-14, but in your pics you have the yoke mounted for a sidewall style trim system and then mention doing the overhead style trim...better make sure you install the "V" going the right way! (the point of the "V" points to the trim crank...if roof mounted the V should point up)

Thanks for the heads up on the yoke position. I will flip the yoke over for the over head trim. Any preference on parts suppliers?

Marty57

TCOW has been selling me small parts. When you get ready for a custom length trim cable try McFarlane Aviation. They made me a cable for my experimental working off of my mock up.

trim

Marty
I just looked at your project pictures. Good Job so far. And your trim yoke is installed correctly, so don't flip it.
The only models that had the yoke upside down was the pa20 &22 types. But they are a different setup completely.

Planenut,
Well, I went out and flipped the yolk over and that didn't look right. The way the casting is the link assembly hangs differently and it lowers the stab's travel. I also couldn't see how the yokes orientation would affect where the trim handle needs to be. So, I put it back. I always like taking another look at what I have built to be sure everything is correct. Thanks for looking over my shoulder at my work.

Marty57

citabrickr said:
...better make sure you install the "V" going the right way! (the point of the "V" points to the trim crank...if roof mounted the V should point up)

???? *****scratches head***** hmmmm :roll:

That is the way Clyde Smith helps people remember which way to orient the jack screw yoke. It is actually pictured wrong in the J3 parts manual if memory serves me right. I would think if you put the trim over head on a PA12 or 14 it would still point down. I would check my travel in relation to the wing angle of incidence.

Steve Pierce said:
That is the way Clyde Smith helps people remember which way to orient the jack screw yoke. It is actually pictured wrong in the J3 parts manual if memory serves me right. I would think if you put the trim over head on a PA12 or 14 it would still point down. I would check my travel in relation to the wing angle of incidence.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the AOA, Steve?? I thought the j-5,pa-12,14,20,22 were opposite of the j-3/pa-18??

behindpropellers said:
Steve Pierce said:

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the AOA, Steve?? I thought the j-5,pa-12,14,20,22 were opposite of the j-3/pa-18??

Our PA-12 is the same as our PA-18.
I assume Clyde Smith meant "in the original configuration"
Moving the trim handle to a different location has no bearing on the tail. It should be left the same as original.
J-3, J-5, PA-11, PA-12, PA-14, PA-18 all have V down
J-4, PA-20 and PA-22 have inverted V.

If anyone actually has one different, let us know.

S2D said:
....h meant "in the original configuration"
Moving the trim handle to a different location has no bearing on the tail. It should be left the same as original......

yeah, that sounds better, think someone took the statement and went one step out of context...

kinda like " a square is always a rectangle" by that don't mean the reverse.. all rectangles are .... ... ..

Back