• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Inspection rings

C-YQK

Looking for aluminum rings to attach my inspection covers to

Have lots of 5 inch plate left over from the wing rib holes.

Hoping to buy them somewhere the inner and outer circle would be a lot of work to set up to make these rings

Thanks
Gary

Steve, in your drawing you show a "pyralin strip" on the bottom of the wing root area. Whazz'it? Didn't see anything like that when I dismantled.

Looking for round rings to match up with my left over 5inch round plates

Nice looking stuff Steve

I have 17 round aluminum inspection ring grommets made out of .020" 2024T3 aluminum. They are the same size as the plastic grommets 4 5/8" OD and 3 1/2" ID. I cut them out a long time ago and it wasn't really cost effective in comparison to the plastic grommets using the new recessed snap in covers so they have been hanging on the pegboard. Bob Turner used them on his Decathalon and liked them.

NimpoCub said:
Steve, in your drawing you show a "pyralin strip" on the bottom of the wing root area. Whazz'it? Didn't see anything like that when I dismantled.

I think thats where you would screw part of the bottom wing fairing in since that area is just fabric with no metal backing?

Back