• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

The original bungee tool?

sekps

Lund, Sweden
Has anyone used or built an "original" bungee tool, i.e. like the one used by Piper?

I think I have seen hundreds of ways to put the bungees on, but the way it was originally done seems so easy!

I cut a sequence from "The Construction of A Light Airplane" and put it on YouTube, if you haven't seen it before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWZpmu30h94

/Mattias

wow... that was wayyy too easy... after all the ways I've seen this "wheel re-invented" that has got to be the best

It's a Damn shame they don't have a video on how the Great Pyramids of Egypt where made..........quickly someone get a still shot of that tool and reproduce please.

Mattias,

I have a tool like that. I can honestly install 4 bungees in less than two minutes! While my tool won't work with hydrosorbs, it will work for J3 and PA11 shock struts. I'm sure with slight modifications the design could be made to work with hydrosorbs.

Brand "W" sells a near copy of what I have for $129.50 - catalog No. M-528-000.

John Scott

And all this time I thought that was what ratchet straps were invented for ! They make bungee installs a breeze as well !!

It has that annoying "arc of death" that made me imagine my head rolling into the corner of the shop.... :eek:

I have one if anyone close by needs to use it. Also, can take pics of it if anyone wants see it.

fobjob said:
It has that annoying "arc of death" that made me imagine my head rolling into the corner of the shop.... :eek:

Not really as bad as you think. It springs past center but not closed. Bill Tracy had his hand in the arc and all his fingers are still in tact.
:wink:

Back