• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Gun owners HEADS UP

Rob

AZ06
I apologize if this has been discussed here before or doesn't belong here. It appears to be a must read.

For those that are just hunters and not "hand gunners" or assault weapon owners this is still a consideration as many hunting rifles are chambered in calibers common to "assault weapons" as well as hand guns.

Please look and tell me it's a bad dream?

http://www.supercub.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=23510

That must've been posted on Apr. 1st.
At least I hope so, it's so ridiculous only a politician would consider it.

Nimpo,

As proposed I agree it's ludicrous at best... My concern is what will they "settle for" after this gets shot down. As to how ridiculous gun control laws can get before people take notice I will ask this: How 'bout them Canadian hand gun laws? :wink:

I would have laughed at this 2 or 3 years ago but each day I become more and more concerned about what the libs in this country will try.

I don't think I have any assault weapons.

Just the old .45 my dad carried while in the army,

The .22 Self Loading

12 guage

30 06

oops, may be I do...

aktango58 said:
I don't think I have any assault weapons.

Just the old .45 my dad carried while in the army,

The .22 Self Loading

12 guage

30 06

oops, may be I do...

That's the thing that concerns me the most... they are going after ammo... that pretty much includes all the calibers / guages you mentioned...

I must have missed the legislation. What guns have been outlawed? I still have all mine.

Forgot about the .375, it terrorizes Ptarmigan at times, (and my sholder). Been know to Assult a moose also..

Bet the pump shot guns are under this as RIOT types because I can put a short barrel...

Has anyone been noticing the statistics, (alarming numbers) that we hear about the deaths of school childeren at the hands of firearms...

and how little we hear about the many more at the hands of the big three? that is ford, chrystler and GM... the leading cause of death in males under 25: Why do we not legislate that?

Automobiles are NOT covered under the constitution anywhere?

( :oops: this is headed for rants I bet) :bad-words:

Ruger talked about me and outlaws owning guns...

The same year 13 died at the Columbine school, 16 kids died playing HS football. Puts some perspective on the issue. Simple fact, fewer kids died from guns in schools than athletics that year. How many hundreds died in automobiles (speed & booze)..??

how many die or are injured each year in g.a. accidents? let's ban them, get a rid of small strips and offer grants to everybody that wants a united nations biosphere "bubble" to live in. UTOPIA.

or they all can stick it while "we" reload. UTOPIA.

choices choice

remember the AMERICAN REVOLUTION was started by 3 percent of the population. I gotto go I hear goose stepping outside my daughters bedroom window.

Since this is the only site I hang in ... they're not enough
hours in the week to go to another ... I'm not familiar with
a lot of site terms; but is this thread what Torch refers to
as "off topic"?

Joe

Cajun Joe said:
Since this is the only site I hang in ... they're not enough
hours in the week to go to another ... I'm not familiar with
a lot of site terms; but is this thread what Torch refers to
as "off topic"?

Joe

Sorry if I got it in the wrong place Joe,

It is off topic in a Supercub site. The reason for me posting it on this site is because every cub owner I know is a gun owner of some sorts. I thought they might be interested in knowing what the folks that are "representing them" are doing at work lately. This is not the typical fear mongering rhetoric, it is an actual bill...

The forum title "Take Action Jackson" seemed pretty appropriate to me, as I personally would surely hate to see this be law. I have since been reminded by a few folks that what I thought was important news may not be important at all to the masses.... :roll:

Sorry to waste your time.

Take care, Rob

This scares the hell out of me. I read the bill.

It does not make sense.

An outlaw spraying bullets will not be stopped by serial numbers on those bullets and their casings and the box they came in, nor will he be stopped by the tax paid by the ammunition purchasers. INSANity! Foisted on us by those who would attempt to control something they do not understand and are therefore afraid of!!
DAVE

Rob said:
I have since been reminded by a few folks that what I thought was important news may not be important at all to the masses.... :roll:

Sorry to waste your time.

Take care, Rob

Awww c'mon Rob,
You're not wasting my time. Like everyone else I am concerned
that guns will be seriously legislated against. Then everything
else I love and enjoy.

I was just curious if this is what Torch was talking about.
Thanks for the post.
Joe

Actually, Joe, Rob put it in exactly the right forum. The action jackson forum was for anything where people should take action.

It would also have fit in the sportsman's den

Rob, If you EVER take a post by Cajun Joe seriously, you need to re-read it, and if it still seems serious, drink a few beers and read it again. If it still seems serious, I would eat some spicy cajun food and drink a couple more beers. Then it should start to appear to be dry humor.... 8)

sj

Dave Calkins said:
This scares the hell out of me. I read the bill.

It does not make sense.

An outlaw spraying bullets will not be stopped by serial numbers on those bullets and their casings and the box they came in, nor will he be stopped by the tax paid by the ammunition purchasers. INSANity! Foisted on us by those who would attempt to control something they do not understand and are therefore afraid of!!
DAVE

'One company, NanoMark Technologies, holds the patent and is the sole source for the process.' They are lobbying the states pretty hard to get these laws passed and to cash in on the results...

Gee Steve, Thanks for explaining all that to me.
I feel like I'm beginning to get along with myself all over again.

But....I still don't understand what Torch was talking about.

Cajun Joe said:
Gee Steve, Thanks for explaining all that to me.
I feel like I'm beginning to get along with myself all over again.

But....I still don't understand what Torch was talking about.

(I just wanted to read what I said again
to try to understand what I was talking about)

For those of you who don't understand what the regulations are like (although if you've dealt with the FAA I'm sure you have an idea), it's like this. A senator with an agenda suddenly finds that your evil 32" Bushwheels have no "reasonable or necessary" usage and should therefor be limited to 8.5's. It's for your safety and the safety of the children after all!!

So there is really no underlying reason for the restriction, said senatorial figure has never flown in anything smaller than a 747 and THEY can make the laws. That is what gun folks have put up with for years.

Even worse, if said Bushweels are imported from say "BushOtAnia" or something similar, then a Presidential Executive Order could all of the sudden prevent new Bushwheels and required parts from being imported because they aren't "OF SPORTING USE". They are evil in nature and surely only used to smash unsuspecting Kittens that are playing innocently on the runway.

What if (THEY), the originators of this idiocy) substituted Books, Audio Recordings, Video Recordings, Pamphlets, Broadcast Media etc. etc. for Ammunition or "Assault Weapons" or firearms. This would be a direct assault on the First Amendment, and I guarantee it would garner one hell of a lot of attention from the media, ACLU, etc. This is another attempt to destroy the Constitution of The United States, one piece at a time. After all if the pen is indeed "mightier than the sword" shouldn't the First Amendment be the first to go? Now we go to R&R.
Patrick

H. ACCESS TO INFORMATION IN THE AMMUNITION CODING SYSTEM DATABASE IS
7 RESERVED FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT PERSONNEL. THE DEPARTMENT SHALL ONLY RELEASE
8 INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH A CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION.

Yaah, right. And posession of un-serialized ammo is a crime so - - -

Idiots!

Back