• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Airframes Inc, Control surface rebuild/repair.

mghallen

Fairbanks
I remember Airframes Inc used to rebuild Flaps and Ailerons. How do you get hold of them? If they do not who can rebuild them, I have Day and night 4 hinge surfaces and extended flaps otherwise I would just buy new.

I just cut the fabric off today and am trying to farm out this work. I remeber it mentioned that Airfames Inc. did a good rebuild for a set price.

Mike

Airframes Alaska/ Alaska Custom Cub
(907) 688-0530
Talk to Greg McGuire or John Buller

I just had them rebuild two PA-18 ailerons. One was torn in half the other in three pieces.

They returned them in "new" condition for $500.00 each. Normally they're $875.00 each new. The main thing is the hinges and bell crank horn have to be straight and free of rust pitting etc.

Crash

mghallen said:
Thanks guys, I will call them tomorrow.

Crash, are building a new plane?

Yes.... can't stand watching TV.

Not sure exactly where I'm going with it, but will most likely be a light weight "experimental" Super Cub.

Working on the wings right now using original Piper ribs for light weight. Considering an ECI OX-340 for power. Some TI, LEDs, basic panel etc.

Just something to do over the winter.

Take care.

Crash

http://www.eci.aero/exp/eng_comparisons11x17.pdf

skukum12 said:
Crash said:
Just something to do over the winter.

If you need more to do, my 12 fuselage is in need!!

Joe

Thanks Joe but "been there done that". PA-12s and 14s are an exhaustive rebuild but good for the character since they build patience.

Take care.

Crash

Back