• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Anyone w/ a completed but not yet covered Supercub?

Iflylower

Memphis, TN
Howdy,

Anyone out there with an almost completed plane about to cover? I'd like to take about a thousand pics of everything I need to mount, set, position, weld, fab, and route. I'd settle for a finished fuse/wings/tail and work from there.

I'm still working on a tacked fuselage and trying to weld all the fittings and channel and such.

I'm looking for a stripped SC that's about to cover. There are hundreds of pics on the Internet, I'd like to take about a thousand more - so I can visualize all of drawings that need to come together as a plane.

I will travel and try to do it in the next month - so if your willing, let me know..... Post or PM me.

Thanks a Billion.

Cal

Fuse Pics

Well, maybe a bad idea to ask - at least I tried. Maybe there aren't many aircraft to choose from.

I did something that helped quite a bit. I downloaded all the fuselage pics from many links, especially the ones linked from and including Supercubproject.com. (Thanks, Christian.) Now, with all these fuse pics on my computer, I can fly though the pics of multiple projects until I get an angle I like for a particular fitting and compare to others. It really helps to have a pic to bring some of these parts to life. They say a pic is worth a thousand words <prints> Note: the pics with paint make it much easier to see the detail of parts because of the contrast...

So thanks to all who've interneted their projects. What a help.

Cal

Cal, I have a project with a good fuselage but am 500 plus miles from Memphis. My folks live there. :wink: I use pictures to see how others do things, easier sometimes than reinventing the wheel. If you are ever in my neck of the woods I would be glad to show you my projects.

Cal, I PMd you. You are welcome to the hundreds of pictures I have of N18SY as well as shots of other SCs in pieces and both a Univair and an Airframes Inc. frame. Just PM me with your address, I will send CDs with the pictures.
Darrel

I am building a exp super cub also and we have a local certified supercub that is uncovered. I live in Tullahoma, Tn about 200 miles or less from you. You are welcome to come over anytime. I only work 20 hours/month so have a flexible schedule.

Jim Miller (931)455-8662 jimmiller2@cafes.net

I want to Thank and recognise Darrel....

I want to publicly thank Darrel Starr for more wonderful project pictures than I could imagine. He boxed them up and mailed them to me at his expense. Wow. Great people here.

My OLD problem was trying to find a picture to back up a drawing welding parts on the fuse. Now my new problem is organizing all the pics that might show an angle that I need and wading through all the pics to find it. I like my NEW problem a lot better.

PLUS, I gotta say it's so much better understanding the nuances of seeing a finished bushing with pulley and cable routed so that it makes more sense to me as I position that same bushing and weld it to my fuse. Lots less pucker factor in thinking I'll be back repositioning a part.

Also, on the deserving list are Buggs66 and crimson cub guy plus a few others busy posting their projects online.

Off a lot faster and accurately than I was....

Cal
Slow but mostly sure

project

I have a supercub that is covered but still open and apart. I live only 60 miles away in Jonesboro, AR. the project is in Paragould at my hangar. You are welcome to come by and hold some parts while I try to fit them. Send me an email at dcahoon@cahoonsmith.com and i will give you my contact info.

Back