• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Building a Carbon Cub - A blog is born...

Why not blog it right here, on this site, and on this thread.

I think you will get more hits, interest, help, and you may even help someone else along the way. You will be coming here for help, may as well play it forward.

Congratulations and good luck.

Bill

Building a Carbon Cub - A Blog is Born

You debated in another thread buying a Mackey SQ2. Just wondering why you chose the Carbon Cub instead?

Phil

Good stuff!

I would like to start a WIKI list of builders blogs for people to browse when they need some inspiration!

sj

If you got to the members area, to the "SuperCubPedia" link, I have added an Aircraft Builders Blogs and Webpages link. I added your link barorg, and other folks can click edit and cut and paste their link in there too!

sj

I was fortunate to be around the orginal carbon cub and it was an awesome aircraft!

When did you order your Carbon Cub kit? What engine are you planning on?

Why A CC vs. SQ2...

In response to nocub's question of why I decided on the CC vs. the SQ2, it was mainly because I believed that the CC would be ready, with documentation, testing, and support, first. The CubCrafters factory is a professional operation that operates in one field all the time, and the support facilities, resources available, and information/documentation are at a level which I'm more comfortable taking a chance with.

As a background on me, I've never built any type of aircraft before, and so I'm more than nervous about this, and wanted to have the best possible chance of success.

Re to couleeone

Not sure exactly when I ordered it, but it was before AirVenture; I plan on using some higher HP engine, something like a 200+hp 360 from Western Skyways; I live in Wyoming and fly from a high altitude airport (6200'), and expect that in the summer months the density altitude will be major factor.

I'm more than open to suggestions on powerplants if anyone has contact info and engine types I'll do the homework on them and blog the results...

Did the Carbon Cub kit get grandfathered in on the 51 % deal regarding kits??? I thought the kit came out after the new initiative by the FAA on 51%. Of course, that'll apply to the SQ-2 as well.

MTV

Back