• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

places to stay in ANC

pilotford

PALH... soon to be CA
hi all, leaving tomorrow to move to AK and wondering if those of you more familiar with Anchorage than I could recommend a good place to stay for a few days while we look for an apartment. appreciate all the help. Brian.

Brian
This time of year your going to pay top dollar everywhere, I have better luck with B&Bs the chamber of commerce will have a list of most of them.
good luck

My house.

How many of you are there? I have two spare rooms downstairs and I'm four miles from PALH.

Fair warning:
I will tolerate no discussions involving politics, religion, gun ownership, or conspiracy theories unless the speaker is wearing an Easter Bunny suit.

I was there in early September and stayed at the Millenium. . . .it is there on Lake Hood. I could see an endless stream of Beavers, Cubs, and 185's from my room. 907-243-2300 is the number.

pilotford,

JUMP on moneyburner's offer!!!!

Hotel costs in ANC in summer are outrageous, and the Millenium is one of the highest. Not a very nice hotel, in many ways, but they do have a view. They need to do a lot of renovating to their rooms, in my opinion, for the $$$ they ask.

MTV

Our layover hotel is the Sheraton by Merrill Field. Nice place, good location but probably pretty spendy. I don't pay so I never checked.

moneyburner, it is just going to be my wife and I, and we're getting in tuesday or Wednesday. PM me a number i can call and i'll try and get some free wifi somewhere on my way up. It would be fantastic if that would work out, it would be a great welcome to AK.

Don't have room in the trailer (or the jeep :eek: ) for the easter bunny suit, so no worries :D

Places to stay anc

If you need a stop in Ft St John BC(Alaska Hwy) we will be home until Tues 29. Karen and Dieter Faehmel 250 785 3207. kfaehmel@telus.net I know you will be trying to make a mile as it is long trip, but if you need a place to stay and it works out we have a spare room.

pilotford said:
moneyburner, it is just going to be my wife and I, and we're getting in tuesday or Wednesday. PM me a number i can call and i'll try and get some free wifi somewhere on my way up. It would be fantastic if that would work out, it would be a great welcome to AK.

Don't have room in the trailer (or the jeep :eek: ) for the easter bunny suit, so no worries :D

I sent you a PM - call me. The dogs are skeptical - they really were lobbying for the Easter Bunny suit.

moneyburner said:
pilotford said:

I sent you a PM - call me. The dogs are skeptical - they really were lobbying for the Easter Bunny suit.

(deleted)

Mike and Kerry

Greetings from the free WIFI at the mile O "Camp site" in Dawson Creek BC.
All is well so far, except for a oil leak IN the trailer (an extra gallon i brought decided to let loose all over my wife's nice clothes and a poster). The Drive has been BEAUTIFUL so far and 'ol RUF (part of the jeep's plate) has done well as our beast of burden. From what i hear the real tricky stuff is just ahead so HOPEFULLY I will be reporting in from ANC soon or its :drinking: somewhere in the middle of canadia for me.

GNTW: thanks a lot for the offer, the plan originally was to make it to FT. ST. John tonight, but here i sit in dawson creek surrounded by VERY large RVs. Thank you VERY much though.

Pilotford and Mrs. Pilotford and their Jeep, Ruf, have made it to Anchorage and are brand new Alaskans. They arrived Tuesday and have located a place to stay, and are hot on the trail of a few job possibilities. (Pilotford is looking for gainful employment as a GA mech, if anyone has any good ideas). They kept our dogs entertained while we were at work and seem to be adjusting well. I'll be the first to blame the recent good weather on them.

Welcome!

Mike and Kerry

welcome to ak!!

if you need an apartment I have a quiet 4 plex with availability right now, call 252-4716 for details.

dan

Back