• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Stupit Cub Tricks....

Cajun Joe

GONE WEST
LS86 or Hammond, LA
Did the annual on the Cub last week.
In addition to the cost of the mechanic
and a heat shroud I incurred the following
expenses.

2 com antennas @ 108.00 ea
1 Red/White top-o-rudder light 153.00
1 EGT probe 88.50

All in all a successful annual.

Last month I changed the shock biscuits in the
Wip landing mains. This jacked up the floats at
the mains 4". In turn it jacked the rudder up 11".
The door to the hangar in Hammond, where I had
the annual done, did not "jack-up" accordingly.
My brain was jacked when I pulled the plane into
the hangar and broke off the antennas...Joey's
brain was similarly parched when he turned the
plane around and broke off the strobe.....

The mechanic, not to be outdone, while swinging
out the engine to replace the shroud broke the
EGT probe... how did that happen?
What??? Are you asking me???

Dam, Joe if it weren't for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck :roll:

Tim

It's been my experience that gettin' smart has always been way more expensive for me than most other folks. I just wish I could stay smart and not repeat the same course, so to speak.

Joe you didn't try to do any flying that day did you?

DW

Cajun Joe said:
2 com antennas @ 108.00 ea
1 Red/White top-o-rudder light 153.00

first thing I thought of when I read to that point---OOPS
we have a few low doors around here too 8)

Cajun Joe -

Uh....yer mechanics name. Uh...it wuzn't MURPHY wuz it??

CloudDancer :anon

Hi Joe,
I looked at your plane Thursday. It's nice. I got the pictures I needed. I noticed an old super glide in the corner. Is that yours? Also I think Your cat must have gotten away again because I found him on the way back to Houma.

Thanks
Mike

CloudDancer said:
Cajun Joe -

Uh....yer mechanics name. Uh...it wuzn't MURPHY wuz it??

CloudDancer :anon

No, Cloudy, Murphy is my attorney.

Mike, sorry I missed you. We'll get together next time.
(----keep the cat!)

Hi Joe,
That is what they have told me about Mods to the airplane...before you know it they just escalate out of control. Now please do not hold this comment against me as I am laughing with you and not at you since last Saturday was bright blue and a great day to fly. I had both cubs out of the WAD hangar. Good thing I have two cubs at me disposal because when 39Y would not start we ordered the mods to fix her! So I turned to my beautiful Miss Daisy 56MD and her seats are in Maine with Russell being modified and redone for the season. She started right up as Pierce told me she would. It was so nice to hear that engine purr at idle. I even thought what the NTSB would have said if I had an accident strapped to the milk crate. Naw it was not worth it. So I pushed them both back into the hangar and went and shoveled mulch from the trailer. Jen was impressed.
John
If you are terribly annoyed have Murphy contact my counsel
Dewey Screwem and Howe LLP

John, I am disappointed. Why didn't you pull the seat out of 39Y and put it in 56MD? That is the only way I can keep anybody flying around here. :lol: I can tell I told you my story about trying to get from the front seat to the back seat of an Aeronca Defender in flight. :eek: All I could think about was how the NTSB report would read. :crazyeyes:

Back