• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Berkley vs United States Marine Corp

:snipersmile: mynephew is a proud Marinen and cantbelievee what he came too.marc

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

I am as prepared to mount armed resistance in defense of my right to fly (pursuit of happiness) as I am to mount armed resistance in defense of these persons right to behave like village idiots (peaceful assembly). True freedom is necessarily equal.

I am curious if these people would continue to spout their rhetoric as they knelt on a carpet, hands bound behind their backs, and the mullah reads their condemnation as an infidel, and they have full knowledge that they are about to be beheaded. Do their convictions run that deep?

It is interesting to note that the necessity to defend people like these, people who clearly lack the means, will and ability to defend themselves, gets turned about and used to justify the constant and continued regulation and marginalization of general aviation. We must be protected from ourselves because we are endangering ourselves and therefore the general population with our little airplanes. Big Brother perceives general aviation in the same light that it perceives the Berserkley village idiots - we must be protected from ourselves. This is how freedom erodes - something to think about as you take your shoes off at the airport security check next time.

I guess the good news is that the Marines serving in the People's Republik of Kalifornia are now authorized hazardous duty (combat) pay....:eek:

PS: Let's not send this to rant 'n rave - there is no need. Because, while I may not agree with your point of view, I am prepared to give my life defending your right to hold that point of view. That's what matters about freedom - and that freedom should extend to all - village idiots, drunks, dingbats - even Supercub pilots... :wink:

[quote="Gunny
I guess the good news is that the Marines serving in the People's Republik of Kalifornia are now authorized hazardous duty (combat) pay....:eek:

[/quote]

As a Marine myself, I have been stationed in California, Tustin(when it was still operating) and Camp Pendleton and graduated from boot camp in San Diego, all in California, been stationed everywhere else in the US. I have friends stationed at MCAS Mirimar, all serving proudly. California although full of Liberals, was one of my favorite places to be. I saw the video, although full of idiots, there are Many PRO- Military in Cali. Josh

With apologies to Rudyard Kipling (or whomever it was):

It's Jarhead this and Jarhead that
And throw him out, the lout
But it's The Corps they always call for
When the guns begin to shout.

I grew up with the Corps via an Uncle who fought at Tarawa, Saipan and Iwo Jima.

Berkeley has never had a shortage of idiocy, that's for sure. And what would now be their Grandparents spat on soldiers returning from Vietnam and processing out in the Bay Area. The Left is an evil bit of work--history has shown us that time and time again.

Gunny said:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

I am as prepared to mount armed resistance in defense of my right to fly (pursuit of happiness) as I am to mount armed resistance in defense of these persons right to behave like village idiots (peaceful assembly). True freedom is necessarily equal.

I am curious if these people would continue to spout their rhetoric as they knelt on a carpet, hands bound behind their backs, and the mullah reads their condemnation as an infidel, and they have full knowledge that they are about to be beheaded. Do their convictions run that deep?

It is interesting to note that the necessity to defend people like these, people who clearly lack the means, will and ability to defend themselves, gets turned about and used to justify the constant and continued regulation and marginalization of general aviation. We must be protected from ourselves because we are endangering ourselves and therefore the general population with our little airplanes. Big Brother perceives general aviation in the same light that it perceives the Berserkley village idiots - we must be protected from ourselves. This is how freedom erodes - something to think about as you take your shoes off at the airport security check next time.

PS: Let's not send this to rant 'n rave - there is no need. Because, while I may not agree with your point of view, I am prepared to give my life defending your right to hold that point of view. That's what matters about freedom - and that freedom should extend to all - village idiots, drunks, dingbats - even Supercub pilots... :wink:

You rock.

Obviously these people feel so safe, so comfortable that they can't even comprehend an attack on our country (or much of anything else, it seems). Why do you suppose they feel that way?

You know why they feel that way.

Semper Fi, Gunny

Josh said:
[quote="Gunny

As a Marine myself, I have been stationed in California, Tustin(when it was still operating) and Camp Pendleton and graduated from boot camp in San Diego, all in California, been stationed everywhere else in the US. I have friends stationed at MCAS Mirimar, all serving proudly. California although full of Liberals, was one of my favorite places to be. I saw the video, although full of idiots, there are Many PRO- Military in Cali. Josh

I agree. I have two sisters and a pack of nieces and nephews residing in the Bay area. I kind of like the place. I get tired of the Disney attitudes, the bad traffic, 9% sales tax, etc. Everyone rolls their eyes when they witness this stuff - believe it or not, there are NORMAL people there too. The kooks get a lot of coverage because . . . well, they're kooks! Not everyone in Nebraska grows corn, I suppose. Or do they?

Regarding the Bay area as being nice, We had Fleet Week there in San Fransisco, We floated in on an LHA-1 (USS Tarawa), that first night we had to wear our Alphas in town, so there was a bunch of Sailors and Marines in uniform, all I have to say was there was a lot of bar tabs and beers bought for us by the local bars and patrons; the thing I had pay for was the hangover the next day. That was a blast.

Berkley to me is the same as a bug zapper is to bugs, people like this are drawn to the place and frankly where else would you want them? I did my military duty on the west coast in the '70's and Kalifornia was different back then but still had plenty of kooks. I guess the normal people that live and work for a living there just have to get used to them.

As a life long Californian, I can explain all this crap very simply. We have had a bad immigration policy for decades, took all the cast offs from the other states.

Back