• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Truck bed liner in baggage area?

Ruidoso Ron

Alto, NM
Has anybody tried the spray-on truck bed liner in their baggage compartments? I would limit it to the extended baggage area only, and I know that it probably would not ever be approved. What is the fire rating on that stuff?

Hey Ron,
Be careful with that stuff.
Friend of mine, T-Beau Trosclair, has it in his Chevy Silverado..
Says it hurts his knees and elbows during foreplay.

I don't think the advantage of it would offset the weight penalty. I would rather carry beer than rubber.

Scott..

Ron
I tried some of that stuff once in the floor of a Jeep. I didn't like it because everything that got spilled there (moose blood, salt from the food box, sand from the camping gear, all corrosive) stayed there. It was almost impossible to keep clean. I prefer a smooth finish that I can wipe clean. Ya I clean my plane every annual or so. :lol:

Thanks fellows. Dennis, I would have thought that it would have been just the opposite, but I guess you can't get in and hose it out like a pickup truck bed. Bout to get Jr. checked out on those skis?

YA Ron I got JR checked out on the skis. But I haven't taught him how to get "REAL STUCK" yet only simulated. But I gota tell ya the best part is watching him get checked out on snow shoes. He has learned that when you trip and fall over in deep snow it doesn't do much good to put your hand down to stop the fall. :Gupsidown: [/url]

truck bed liner

Ron
I did this in my smith cub under rear seat storage compartment. I like the finished product but.......... the box prior to coating weighted2 lbs. After coating 4 lbs. That was after I asked the dude to spray it light. It looks good but likely would not do it again given the weight.
pokey

Back