• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

.org'er in the Water Flying mag.

NimpoCub

Nimpo Lake, BC . . . AKA "the Floatplane Capital o
A SuperCub.org'er was photographed (by his wife) flying his '18 on floats off a trailer on the Bozeman runway. The Seaplane Pilots' Ass'n magazine (Water Flying) has his pic & short writeup in the new mag.

Our (seemingly) beloved Jerry Gaston was on his way to Ak, no water for his floats, & was quoted as saying "everything was done properly". I'd think that lifting off a trailer would definitely be a pucker moment.

Lookin' good Jerry!!

All that so's he could go fishing with Torch. Jerry, I tried to get into that creek last summer and the winds wouldn't let me do it the day I chose to try to land there. I tried approaches from both ends and it was awful bumpy and turbulent. The guys that live on the creek have always warned me about the winds coming over the hill. I found out first hand what they were referring to. I went on over to Rainbow Lake and actually had a good day there. For the Alaska folks that know them, the cabin right above my wings was Jess Bachner's and the one in front of Jerry's cub belongs to his son Andy. I sure miss seeing Jess at his cabin.

clausen1.jpg

Is that only one water rudder up on the first S.C.? or does it only have one water rudder to begin with? My eyes must be going or something.

Josh,

The water rudders are rigged on a common cable, and in this case, that cable has a little slack in it in the retracted position. Hence, one rudder is hanging a little lower than tother.

No big deal, and quite common.

MTV

mvivion said:
Josh,

The water rudders are rigged on a common cable, and in this case, that cable has a little slack in it in the retracted position. Hence, one rudder is hanging a little lower than tother.

No big deal, and quite common.

MTV

I learn something new everyday :D does that count as half a six pack on take off? :angel:

Back