• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Spar reinforcement

Laz

FRIEND
Girdwood, AK.
I'm starting on my wings for the 2+2 using PA18 drawings, and want to reinforce the spars like the Pawnee or Dakota Wing. I want the gross to be 2200 lbs. Can anyone give me suggestions as to material, size and rivet spacing? Should I do both front and rear spars or is the rear spar the weak link? Don't want to add more wieght than necessary! I can't seem to find any info on the Pawnee reinfocement that gave them 2400#? Any help would be deeply appreciated!
Laz

Laz,
I just looked at my 2+2 plans and the specs on the front inside page lists the gross weight at 2200 lbs. So, I would think that following the plans should give us the 2200 gross. Are the Wag wing drawings different from the PA18 wing drawings you are looking at? One small point I found is that the 2+2 calls for a 1 1/2" axle landing gear vs a 1 1/4" for stock SC. Does the higher gross STC for a Super Cub require the heavier axles? Any body know? Not sure what else is different from SC other than wider fuselage.

Marty57

The TCOW wing builders can give you the most help, Probably sell you the parts.

Thanks Marty. I only have the wood wing drawings for the 2+2, so I was using the Univair drawing for the 18 wing as the pans say it's Ok to use wings from an 18?
Fourtysix, what/ who is TCOW?
Laz

Back