• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Carboncub announcement at Oshkosh

That's great. Now if they would price it where the average guy could afford it. Not priced in the stratosphere where the only ones buying it are the yuppie rich boys that can tell everyone they have a bush type plane, but it never leaves the pavement.

WWhunter said:
That's great. Now if they would price it where the average guy could afford it. Not priced in the stratosphere where the only ones buying it are the yuppie rich boys that can tell everyone they have a bush type plane, but it never leaves the pavement.

Ain't that the truth. Then again all the "new"(should read 40+ year old designs), are priced outrageously... Don't get me wrong awesome designs, but never the less...

Tim,
I have a balsa glider, new in the package, sound like a deal? LOL

What is the big announcement? On their web page, it is framed in carbon so it must have something to do with that, and they call it a second generation plane...

carbon cub

I visited the CubCrafters factory just a few weeks ago and Jim gave us a detailed visit of every station in the factory. With that size crew and the expensive equipment it takes to build the new designed parts, I could see how it can cost more.
Im amazed he was able to build a factory of that size and quality in the state of Washington. this is a hard state to make a company of any kind.
Until you have seen the quality and engineering that goes into the parts of the cubs there its not hard to understand where the money went.
With employee's wages, taxes, materials, equipment, building operating costs ect. Then there is all the red tape with testing and the F.A.A ect.

Three cheers for CubCrafters and the rest of the Airplane factory's starting up. Aviation would be alot different without them.

Bill

but any thoughts on what they are about to announce?

a certified plane based on the sport cub and a bigger engine? a kit?

something entirely different?

The 2nd generation they refer to is upgrading the LSA Sportcub. They call it the S2 project. I will be going to their open house this weekend and I will respond back to you guys when I return. I like their Sport cub a lot so the S2 should be a real treat being lighter and more HP. I am not so sure of the airbags. I agree that the airplane is expensive but I also believe that it is priced right considering the effort and what it takes to build this type of airplane in this day and age. Also considering its a certified airplane means a great deal to me. They have a very well run company as I see it from the outside. All the people there are really great and really like there job. I currently have a Cubcrafter 180 HP Supercub and love it. I feel I paid way to much for it but I know I can sell it for a good amount also. At least that's what it seems to be in the market place.

Those S2s are gonig for a ridiculous price. Will anyone make affordable new cubs that don't break the bank? Come on guys...it's no excuse ...FIND A WAY TO MAKE IT REASONABLE.

I hear you can get a Tcart down your way for $80K. :wink: Sorry I couldn't resist. :lol:

What are they doing to up the horse power on the S2?

Steve Pierce said:
I hear you can get a Tcart down your way for $80K. :wink: Sorry I couldn't resist. :lol:

What are they doing to up the horse power on the S2?

You talking about the Tcraft factory in Brownsville? LOL...that was a bust wasn't it? What's the latest on that? I visited the place once and took pics of their factory...looked nice, but something sure felt shady about the whole thing.

Nonetheless, I'm part of the group that thinks you should not pay more than $50k for a little airplane like the cub...supercub maybe.

Yea, Harry put it to a lot of folks. Now he got the FAA to issue an AD on Taylorcraft struts so he is back in business building new ones to eliminate an expensive recurring inspection on the old ones.

Back