• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

carbs for 0235 C1

FirstCruiser

my A&P noted that the carb on my PA12 0235 C1 is not the correct part for that config. Believe he indicated that the correct part # is Marvel Schebler 10-3103-1. I have a different # as my engine was converted from an O235 C2C to a C1 (this only required a relocation of the prop mounting lugs on the flange. All other part #'s on these engine are the same. Can anyone shed some light as the the differences between the C2C and the C1 and why one carb is different across these applications? Does anyone know if there is an STC allowing the use of other carbs?

0235 carbs

Contact Lycoming and get Service Instruction Number 1212. It will outline several different carbs that can be used on this engine. I will be hard to find one for sale, it took me two months to find one reasonably priced. Good luck.

Some of the other part numbers in the letter are carbs listed as 10-4978-1 and 10-5050. They are eligible for all 0235C models.

Scott

got the SI 1212 from Lyc...didn't help much. The carb that is on my engine currently is a 10-4953. Can anyone explain the difference between this and the 10-3103-1 The plane has been running perfectly, the appearance is the same. Does anyone know how I might contact Marvel Schebler directly? Couldn't find their address on the net.

FirstCruiser said:
my A&P noted that the carb on my PA12 0235 C1 is not the correct part for that config. Believe he indicated that the correct part # is Marvel Schebler 10-3103-1. I have a different # as my engine was converted from an O235 C2C to a C1 (this only required a relocation of the prop mounting lugs on the flange. All other part #'s on these engine are the same. Can anyone shed some light as the the differences between the C2C and the C1 and why one carb is different across these applications? Does anyone know if there is an STC allowing the use of other carbs?

Well, it's nitpicking, but how was your C2C "converted"? Do you have a new data plate on it? Lycoming says a C2C is the same as a C1 except for the prop flange and mags (Slicks). If the data plate still says C2C then it is the correct carb for the engine. If you changed the dataplate and it runs fine, I would leave it alone since it is so hard to get a good carb in the first place.

the data plate was changed to reflect the conversion. The carb was sent out for overhaul (sloppy throttel shaft), this is when my A&P was notified that I actually do have the correct carb body 10-3103-1 but the float bowl is not the correct match for that carb. Now trying to locate either a good servicable 10-3103-1 or the correct float bowl for that carb 10-3119.

I believe that airmotive is the shop my A&P sent the carb to.....

I have several of the 10-3103-1 carb. cores. Someone had one on the C85 Luscombe project I am working on and I have had a couple of O-235-C1 in Clippers. Let me know if you need one.

Hello,
I am new to this website and forum and I am having problems with my Lycoming 0235-C. I have this motor on an air boat and I have a weak cylinder and I am looking for a replacement cylinder and can't find any information on this motor and cylinder. I have the piston number of LW-13623 that people are telling me is an old cylinder number. Can someone help me out please.

Airboat;

I have an 235 C that had a drop strike. The flange Measures .003000 out which is within acceptable limits for aircraft. This little engine runs great. it was high time but the cylinders have been overhauled.

If interested PM me an offer.

Don

Back