• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Sam's Rans S7s Courier Nears Completion!

Sam Beckett

Hometown USA!
Okay Guys and Gals watch out the pictures are starting to come..My 2007 ELSA Rans Courier S7s is about 2-3 weeks from completion...I am looking forward to getting back into the game!
So watch for pics and updates!!!

Sam

8)

Well Sam, you know what the acid test will be, don't you? Load it up to gross, and come fly it out of Sierra Blanca this summer. :eek:

Hey Sam, looking good! You must be burning the midnight oil on that thing! You put my project pace to shame. Looking forward to flight report. Keep the photos coming.

Sam Beckett said:
Yea I know and I am up for it in this airplane as I know it will do it!

Sam

8)

Great...then I will see you at NH in '08 for the competion in my new J5 :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny

Sam,

Are you doing the build-up yourself or are you having it done? The pix look really good.

Is the kit easy to work with...good work instructions, etc and any problems encountered so far?

Bob

behindpropellers said:
Sam Beckett said:
Yea I know and I am up for it in this airplane as I know it will do it!

Sam

8)

Great...then I will see you at NH in '08 for the competion in my new J5 :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny

This I just gotta see....! :lol:

JRussell,
No I am not flying to NH to show you that my Rans will out perform your J-5...It is not worth my time or vacation....Bob, No I am not building up my own plane as I have a ton of other projects I need to deal with including moving this collection of WW2 aircraft pics and books!!!!!!! It alone has become a major project.

Sam

8)

Sam,

I think this is going to be a great airplane. Happy for you.
Do the wings fold on the Courier?

Gregg

Gregg,
Thanks for the positive note...No the wings do not fold up it runs very close to a Super Cub in specs...Believe it or not..Being a Super Cub guy for a long time..I was a doubting thomas till I spent a day flying the damn things!
Quite impressive and a total fulfillment of the type of flying that I do..
If anyone actually checks them out they will be impressed with the entire airplane..When people slam it, it usually is because they have not done there homework on the plane and really do not know of what they speak....

Sam

8)

Sam,
I too am looking into the Rans S7S and was wondering what engine you are going to use. The Jabiru 6 cyc looks like a good option. Could not tell from your pictures. Also, will you have float fitings should you later want?
Give us a pilot report upon your first flights....
Jim

Jim,
I went with the 100hp Rotax 912 I think it is a much better engine from everyone I have spoken with..my buddy has one at 2275 hrs and still going very strong!
Also the Rans comes with float fittings installed!
What a unique idea........

Sam
8)

Sam, I think Jrussel was ribbing Tim about having his J5 done in time for NH 2008. I get the same thing about my Clipper project. :wink:

Back