• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Broke my stick ( well computer stick) dang it,,,

Alex Clark

Life Long Alaskan
I am already on computer probation.

So one dark and rainy night the wife headed off into town.
I immediately stopped working on the bathroom upstairs and shoved my hidden disc of Pacific Fighters into the computer while retrieving the fighter pilot stick out of a hiding place as well.

I only had limited time for one mission,, so there I was over a Japanese airbase in New Guinea. After a rocket attack against their ground installations and parked planes, I was set upon by swarms of Ki43 fighters.

I glanced at the wall clock and figured I had enough time to fight my way out before the wife came home and discovered that the bathroom had not progressed as promised.

Unfortunately,,, the Bristol Beaufighter is not very nimble. So I was yanking and banking trying to escape both the clock on the wall and the computer generated fighters.

I just could not get the angle right so I yanked back on the stick, right to the stops, and then just as I was pulling the trigger there was a loud SNAP.

As I cursed the cheap plastic, the lights of my wife's car lite up the front door window...
Now I was double doomed...
dang plastic,
dang addictive computer flying games,
dang bathroom,,,, and why was she back so soon????

Well now I have a new office computer. No games on it. ( I left them on the old one in her office) The joystick went into the trash.
And believe it or not , NOBODY in this town sells them. I have to get one in Anchorage if I am so inclined...

I wonder if Secret Weapons over Normandy is a good game?
Well ,maybe next winter when the real flying gets slow....

You must have really wanged on that thing. [insert self gratification joke]

I found a Saitek joystick 2-pack on woot.com for $11. Yep, eleven dollars.
They're one of those one-deal-per-day websites, but insane prices.

Well, just don't get yourself hooked on any of the internet games. Those will suck you in, and spit you out as a potatoe chip.

Well I am glad it is just your computer stick. This is what happens when your Cub stick comes out on take off
02.jpg

Makes for a bad day

More pics here....http://www.stevesaircraft.com/gascolator.htm

Brian

Back