• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Pod Install/Removal

jmkota

I'm looking for opinions on the paperwork required for attaching/removing a pod after the initial installation. The AFM Supplement for the Skypod on a Skywagon shows performance differences (speed decrease and rate of climb penalty) but no handling differences or other limitations. I'd like to know the opinions on what is required for installing and removal (34 10-32 screws) as far as paperwork goes. I'd like to hear that sample W&B sheets with and without pod just like seats would be all that is needed, but I'd like to really know what is right. I've had opinions all the way from "nothing" to "if a 337 was needed for the installation, a 337 is needed to remove it".

Jack Kotaki

TJ:

Is it the same for taking out seats? Just logbook entry? Thanks.

Pat

CubLite said:
TJ:

Is it the same for taking out seats? Just logbook entry? Thanks.

Pat

Why not note them as removed on your weight and balance equipment list. Then just add them back in when they're installed for doing a pre-flight weight and balance check (if you're ever ramp checked).

Take care.

Crash

That's the scheme I was wondering about. Have a sample W&B sheet for each configuration with and without the pod since there is no performance difference. Thats the way I do it now with the different number of seats, I was just wanting to do the same with the pod on and off.

Jack

Back