• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

South / N0rth / South

Gary Reeves

SPONSOR
Lake Clark National Park, Alaska
In April a friend and I wil be going to Florida for Fun n Sun then going to Wipair to pick up a cub to spend it's. life in the South Florida area.

We will try to fly a bee line from St Paul to South Florida . Both of us are Alaskan bush folks, with little time outside.

Ant suggestions as to where to find a friendly place for fuel and an overnight.

We should be leaving Fun n Sun on Sunday and flying to St Paul, and staring back to Florida on Monday the 23rd.

I figure a fuel stop will get us near Bowling Green on Monday Night. Another will get us to North Florida on the next evening.l

FLORIDA WILL BE FUN !! I hAVE SPENT THE DAY TRYING TO GET THE ALASKA CABIN UP TO 60.

Gary Reeves

Hello Gary

If you are stopping for fuel in North Florida, Perry (40J) is self serve and usually has a good price. They also have a new terminal building that is nice.

Good luck :D

Gary,

Get in touch with Brian Schanche of Adventure Seaplanes, while you're at S n F. He's operating out of Oak Harbor SPB. Check with the SPA booth and they can hook you up, or go to the seaplane fly in at Lake Parker.

Brian moves a couple of his straight float airplanes from Surfside near the Cities to Florida in the fall, then back in spring. I'm sure he'll give you all the advice you need on fuel stops.

His web site is http://www.adventureseaplanes.com

MTV

Mike,

Good suggestion. I flew with Brian a couple time at Lake Lowery. The and a half hour drive to the nearest floatplane was one of the convincers to get me to buy another Cub for Florida. Brian also did some training with the owner of the Cub I will pick up at Wipair.

I have sent a PM and hope he may even see and respond to this note.

If not I will find him in Florida for advice.

GR

Back