• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Wag Aero Cub

acroeric

SPONSOR
Burlington, NC
I am thinking of a Wag Aero Cub with the balanced tail and enclosed cowling. I'd love to find a super light Lycoming 0-235 or 0-320 powered one to keep here at my little airstrip. I currently have a Taylorcraft BC12-D-85 and it get out great- getting in is a little difficulty thought. I'd love to have a PA-18-105 but can't seem to find one in acceptable condition for sale.

Any thoughts on the experimental version? I looked at a few with the 320 but they were basically J-3's with a big engine. Is there a version built a bit stronger like the PA-18?

Go to http://www.pmmi-inc.com/planes.html.
The plane in the picture is a Wag Aero Fuselage, Dakota cub wings, super Cub struts, balanced elevators with elect trim etc,etc. I fly it off a little grass strip here at home. Can get off in 400 feet at 600 lb over gross. Got a souped 0-200 so still have a lightweight engine. Fly it to canada and back each year and use it on floats up their.

That link has an error- try http://www.pmmi-inc.com/planes.html

Eric-

I've been thinking about the same type of build- I'll catch up with you next time in Burlington and we can compare some ideas. Perhaps kidnapping Jeff and a bunch of his cub parts is in order.

Tim
1940 J-3
Chapel Hill, NC

"you're gonna do WHAT?"

Tim- We can do that- I landed on my strip for the first time yesterday. The Tcraft did great getting out but getting it down was a little tough. The strip is 850 ft one way in/out. A 65 hp Cub could do it easily if it is calm and you are solo. I'm thinking of something a little different to keep here at my house- I love my Tcraft but it doesn't get down like a Cub.

There is one Taylorcraft that can. It is an honorary Cub, has tandem seating, and spoilers. It is placarded against spoiler use in certain places, like in the flare, but if you violate the placard, it can land as short as a J-3. If you don't use the spoilers, it takes almost as much runway as a Mooney.

Back