• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Here's a Good One

Taledrger

SPONSOR
SW Michigan
Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day and you'll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun
laws you gotta love this!!!! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of
National Public Radio (NPR) interview between a female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General
Reinwald who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military installation

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

You gotta love the Marines!

AMERICA, THE HOME OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Hoax alert!! http://www.snopes.com/military/reinwald.htm

I understand the sentiment though..... never ceases to amaze me that otherwise rational people think that a gun will suddenly turn a peaceful person into a violent killer. Absolutely asinine. When I was little there were toy guns in all the toy stores, even five and dimes. And kids learned to shoot real guns and hunt when they were 7-8 years old. And there was none of the school violence we have nowadays.

Hoax or not it was pretty dam funny and pretty much says it all !!! :lol: :lol:

Guns and Spoons

Hey that was funny. I seen a licence plate just yesturday. It said:

Don't blame Guns for being dangerous! Its like saying a Spoon caused Rosie O'Donald for being fat.

david jaranson said:
Hoax or not it was pretty dam funny and pretty much says it all !!! :lol: :lol:

Exactamundo Redeye !!! That's why it's listed in the JOKE section.

Thanks for keeping us all straight though Christina.

From the same government that wants to protect us all from ourselves, this quote is from an NTSB report of a C182 accident that happened on Feb 27:

The airplane was recovered to a salvage facility and the engine was examined on February 30, 2007

Now, I do have a drink now and then, but how did I miss TWO whole days? :drinking:

Rich G

Hell, when I was growing up, now and then I used to get on the school bus with a shotgun, a .22 or sometimes a .30.06 - the driver would make me show that it was unloaded. (Old Jack wouldn't let you on HIS bus if you looked too scruffy for school, either - you learned to have your shirt tucked in and your hair combed if you didn't want to walk). I'd then take it to school and put it in my locker. On the way home, the driver would drop me off at my spot and I'd go hunting.

I guess you can't do THAT anymore in Minnesota, even if you ARE a prostitute.

My father taught me all about guns long before I was old enough to try to figure it out myself, thank God. Later, I spent a bunch of good years in the Boy Scouts having those lessons reinforced with some excellent guidance from some outstanding, knowledgable men. I can't say enough good about the BSA. If you have kids, guns, and TVs, I strongly suggest getting them into scouting. Chances are that they will learn some good lifelong habits. I did listen to my dad, but it was valuable to hear the same words from others. It stuck. Don't get me started about TVs and guns - any kid using TV as a source of "how things are" will get a very WRONG view of how things are. Especially with guns.

That's all I have to say about that.

Cheers;

Mike

Hell, when I was growing up, now and then I used to get on the school bus with a shotgun, a .22 or sometimes a .30.06 - the driver would make me show that it was unloaded.

We had the same deal, except all we had to do was have the gun in a case.
A couple weeks before hunting season, machine shop turned into a gunsmithing class. We even had a big stump in the machine shop to shoot at. They probably don't do that any more.

My dad taught me that gun control was a steady aim..!!!

All the farm boys at my High School carried guns in their cars/pickups.

For those of you that want some ammo for your gun banning friends, you can tell them that the same year 13 kids died at Columbine, 16 died playing high school football. A good reality check. Tell them to send their hard earned money to MADD.... hundreds of seniors die every spring from celebrating (booze) their upcoming graduation.

Taledrger said:
The radio went silent and the interview ended.

You gotta love the Marines!

AMERICA, THE HOME OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Whats that smell? I think its a burn! Those people just don't make sense. And they say we are closed minded?!?!? :9mm

Closed minded or simple ?? If the current type of tv adds are any sign.....Think about this one a minute. "New shaving razor that lasts a "life time." Big lead in about making the blade from the same "life time" metal that the "last forever" knives are made of....... AND !!!! YOU GET A SECOND ONE FREE!!!

Duh !!!!!! :eek:

Very darn interestting read.

Both the majority opinion and the dissenting opinion are very well reasoned and provide an excellent review of the competing constitutional interpretations of the 2nd Ammemdment.

An expansive view of the 2nd Amendment won the day in the DC circuit. Silberman, writing for the majority, cut right to the quick:

“The district’s definition of the militia is just too narrow...There are too many instances of ‘bear arms’ indicating private use to conclude that the drafters intended only a military sense.”

The issue is now ripe for review by the Supremes, who will likely settle the matter once and for all. Historically, many of the important questions of constitutional interpretation have arrived on the Court's docket from the DC circuit. This is one to watch!

The dissenting opinion was pathetic. The 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to DC because it's not a state??? Well then I guess all the other amendments don't apply either.

Christina Young said:
The dissenting opinion was pathetic. The 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to DC because it's not a state??? Well then I guess all the other amendments don't apply either.

I think you just nicely framed the very first question the highest bench will ask the appellants at oral argument next fall in the Supreme Court. :p

To a degree this is academic and however well-reasoned a dissent is doesn't mean it is a well-reasoned winning argument. But it was certainly an, ahem, interesting dissent.

They seemed pretty unhappy about the decision on NPR and took great pains to inform listeners that this is not the final decision.

My guess is that they not going to be very happy with the final decision, either, when it issues next year.... :lol:

Christina Young said:

So that would mean there is still slavery, no women vote, no term limit... :crazyeyes:

Back