View Full Version : The Legendary Cub Is Back

Steve Pierce
02-27-2007, 08:33 PM
http://www.supercub.org/photopost/data//754/medium/SClit.jpg

http://www.supercub.org/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=754&ppuser=58

cabinflyer
02-28-2007, 06:22 AM
Steve,

Is this for real or are we starting April Fools early? The last page of your picture post shows a page dated 1998. The other photos look modern though.

Nothing listed on the Piper web site yet. But if it is true.... WOWIE!!!!!

pzinck
02-28-2007, 07:07 AM
Steve, i have this brochure and price list.I have almost all of em.Kind of neat looking back at these more affordable flying times.I have been trying to get all of the 180/185 and supercub brochures and price lists.No one else around seems to be interested,but i really like the nostalga of these old planes as well.

Steve Pierce
02-28-2007, 07:28 AM
I wish it was real today. Brown Bear sent me these to post for all to see. Wish a Super Cub or kit could be had for these prices. :(

Bugs66
02-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks for posting this Steve. Dang, those were the days. I heard that Piper bought back all the kits? They must have paid a good chunk of change for them because they would have had to pry my cold dead fingers from mine!

I put these together in a PDF. Do you want me to post the PDF also?

JP
02-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Somewhere in my archives I have that same sales 1988 package. That's Stuart Millar flying the airplane. He had quite a bit of gumption, that's for sure. He bought Piper and unfortunately flew it straight into the ground... :-?

Guess I'll have to dig that packet out and stick it on e bay....

Rookie
02-28-2007, 03:11 PM
For those of us not familiar with the Vero Beach iteration of Piper, is there some place where you can read about what happened?

Steve Pierce
02-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Bugs, That would be great.

Jeff, I want them.

Rookie, I will look for an article or something.

JP
02-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Steve, I have about 15 bankers boxes to go through and sort left over from about 5 moves. I bet they are in there.

Bugs66
03-01-2007, 07:54 PM
I PDF'd the files: http://www.supercub.org/photopost/data/500/TheLegendaryCub.pdf (3MB)

JP
03-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Bugs, much thanks for posting that. Wow, did that bring back memories.

When the news came out that Piper sould make a Super Cub again, I sent away for the packet. I spent many hours looking at the folio and dreaming. Dreaming big dreams. I'd just gotten married and we were as poor as church mice. Flying was limited to a beat up rental 150 that kept the dream alive once a month. I savored every moment

But to sit there on the mattress on the floor with a summer rain falling(couldn't afford a bed frame) and look at that Super Cub flying above the clouds, the ultimate freedom machine, go anywhere, land anywhere, stick and rudder...the Cub had class.

It's almost 20 years later and who could ever have imagined that there would be a thing called Supercub.org that joins the dreamers together in keeping the dream alive, flying the dream and throwing it a damn good party at every opportunity.