• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Fishing Alaska May 6th-10th

RedEye

Side Lake , MN
I plan to be in AK for the Alaska airmans assoc. show the weekend of the 5th & 6th and would like to do some fishing during the week. Any suggestions, recomendations, opportunities ...etc.. would be greatly appreciated. Its early, but surely there is something I can try to catch, no ??

Last year, 4 of us chartered out of Deep Creek the day after the show. We limited on Halibut and caught a couple chrome bright, 35lb. kings. It was a first for me. Not the fishing, but the fishing in salt water in a SNOW STORM!! It was cold.
We're gonna try Seward this year.
Mike

David,

For the dates you have, the Deep Creek charter is on the front end of the first run Kings coming along the shore (second run Kings are bigger fish but fewer of 'em). That plus plentiful Halibut often makes for a good trip (see if they're out in Area .44 8) Look out for Irish Lords, Skates and Salmon Sharks... Grrrrr.

Seward is also a good choice but the Silvers wont be running (look for the Pro-Apollo). So you'll be limited to Rock fish (LOTS), feeder Kings and Ling Cod - and some possible Halibut. But it's prettier country. All of it this time of year is cold!

Brad

Brad,

Cold ? How cold ? Been three and a half weeks of negative temps here for highs. Surely you don't mean that cold ???

Back