• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

AD compliance for PA 12 Gear

Fortysix12

RanchAero Grand Vista, Brooksville
We are working on a 12 that has one gear leg with tube and gusset and one gear with tube only. Why does the PA 14 gear,which I understand does not have the flat bar strap and only the streamline tube, not require the installation of the gussets as referred to in SB 97 and the AD or does it. The AD for the gear only makes reference to installing the strap and gusset for compliance and makes no reference to installing the streamline tubing assy. Can anybody clear this up. Is there later info somewhere that illuminates the straps and gussets when the tube is installed. What should be done. I think I know but I would like to hear from the true professionals.

Fortysix12 , I have just been through this with my 12 . You need to do all three upgrades to comply. Joel at Cub Club has all the drawings you need. Installing the streamline tube is the fun part . Go with the 18 gear if you can afford it. If you are rebuilding at least put the fuselage weld on fittings for the 18 gear so you can go to it in the future. Good luck!

Erik

You say we need all three mods to be correct. But I dont' read the AD this way. The ad makes no mention of installing the stream line tube. Where do you get this information.I want to do this just once.

Back