• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Beaver Mechanic

tdh

Fairbanks, Alaska
Rebuilding a Beaver in Fairbanks Alaska and looking to hire mechanic with substantial experience/knowledge to answer questions and/or assist in the process. Does not need to be located in Fbks. Any help would be appreciated. I wish there was a site like this for the Beaver. :cry:

Contact Viking Air Ltd in Victoria, BC. They hold the TC. THey are the Beaver experts.

MTV

Kevin Ferris is an excellent mechanic in the Wasilla area. He has been doing a lot of Lodge Beavers for years. Plus he is as nice a guy as you can find. I don't remember what he calls his business, but someone on line should know.

I don't know anyone in Alaska, but what I would do is call some of these shops and ask them, as the beaver community is a small world, as I have found out.

On the canadian coast, I know of Viking and Sealand. In Seattle, it is Kenmore. And in Minneapolis, Wipaire is big. All those shops do rebuilds, and can give you recommendations I bet. there are several smaller places too of course.

I am a few months from being finished with the one I am doing, using one of the shops and they are doing excellent work. I had to do a lot of research on various stc's etc in case you have any questions I might be able to answer.

beavers

Kevin Ferris owns Tailwind Aviation 907-376-3422
he had an accident in new zeland a few weeks back & will be back soon but his shop help is running the show while he is gone

Kenmore has a 3 year waiting list right now for beaver rebuilds, so if you want us to do it you're going to have to be patient!

-sam

Back