• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Looks like a scam?

J5Ron

GONE WEST
Valdez, Alaska
Supercub Members,
I am looking at selling my Cub and got an email today that is a bit suspisious. Please comment. Read below,
Thanks Ron

Dear Seller,
I am interested in finding out more information about your listing.I
would like to know more about [describe any information or questions
you might have here],Provide photos and state final asking price.I will
like to hear from you as soon as possible.So that could process right
away with payment. Awaiting your response. derick salem...
Clark Jamesom
cjameson12@yahoo.com

Sounds that way to me. I spend a lot of time on vintage cars and this sort of thing goes on all the time. There's a million stories. I have also bought and sold enough airplanes by now to know that if an inquiry is real it doesn't look like that.

Run, don't walk away from that guy.

Rich

Emails are cheap; doesn't cost anything to send an email.

No doubt the interent has revolutionized the world, made a lot of things much more accessable to many people. However it has also created a whole new market for scams and other criminal activity.

If someone won't spend $5-$10 bucks to call me on the phone and talk about what I have to offer they're probably not serious anyway. I know when I'm a serious buyer I'll gladly spend $20 bucks and 1 hour of my time talking to the seller on the phone....

Ditto what Byron says. I have driven thousands of miles and spent many dollars on phone calls to look at something I was interested in. I would rather lose a few bucks on a look then several thousand on an unknown. You can almost always tell if someone is interested or just a tire kicker.

Possible person from overseas, or english as second language. Sounds a bit off to be native.

Worth a reply of: please call me at.... on such and such time for questions.

I would not send pictures with N number on it, or any personal info other than phone.

Back