• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Citabria 7GCBC ??

supercub

Let me check my GPS, gee how'd we ever navigate w
The Citabria 7GCBC (the model with flaps), is there an STC for a 0-360 180hp with a constant speed prop available? Thanks
Brian

There were a few 7GCBC's with field approval for Lyc 0-360/180. Don't know of any with constant speed prop. I flew one a bit some years ago. Kinda nose heavy, but manageable. Pretty rare though.

The 8GCBC "Scout" was better all around, though a bit heavier. Hartzell CSP a factory option, though some nasty AD's on the prop.

Thanks. cubscout

180 HP/CS Prop STC, 8gcbc.

supercub, there are a few STCs that allow you to install the 180 Horse and Constant Speed Prop on the 7GCBC. If you go to the FAA.gov Website you can do a search for 7gcbc STCs and get about 99 STCs.
http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgSTC.nsf/MainFrame?OpenFrameSet
STC SA742NW is for installing the Lycoming O-360 and Hartzell CS Prop. STC SA283AL installs another Hartzell Hub, Blades and Governor. STC SA00464DE installs the Lycoming O-360 and McCaule Prop. STC SA00096BO Installs the Lycoming O-360 and Sensenich Prop.
Let us know if this is the information you are looking for.

Back