• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Got My Producer Project Home - Questions

PA18project

Missoula MT
So this weekend I went and picked up a 1953 tripacer that is fairly well disassembled. To say Im excited would be an understatement. The project is complete except engine and prop. Of course I will need a lot of parts as things go but the donor plane is fairly complete. My plan is to begin cataloging and disassembling the plane as soon as possible and get ready to have the fuse inspected and then set about lengthening it. The plane will be experimental.
My questions relate to this massive pile of used parts and most importantly the paperwork for the plane. Many of the parts I simply dont need. Is this website an appropriate place to list them (classified section) or would the shortwing site or maybe barnstormers be more appropriate.
Also, the plane came with clear airworthiness cert., registration (which I need to transfer to myself) and of course I have the data plate. I wont be using these things and should probably send them on to someone who could benefit from them. Does anyone have any concept of the value of the paperwork on this plane.
Mostly, I just want to get rid of all the things I have no use for - however if I can fund part of my build (like extended and forward SC gear :) I would certainly like to do that as well.
Thanks for the help.

Brad

I have some paperwork also. Offered it to someone needing some for $500 and they never got back with me. I figure sometime someone will need it or maybe myself. I have enogh junk I could build one out of. If I were you I would join the Short Wing Piper Club and order their two drawing CDs. Worth their weight in gold and then some. The Vagabond CD has drawings for lots of small parts comon to all the Rag Wing Pipers.

Thanks Steve,

Good to know on the paperwork. Ill just sit on it. Maybe somebody will need it some day and I can send it their direction. In the mean time I need to get out in the shop and start disassembling and cataloging all the control systems and cables, instruments, radios, widgets and dohickeys. Thanks again.

Brad

Back