• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Seat belt brackets

Bugs66

Spokane WA
I have read through all the older posts on seat belts and harnesses. I think I am leaning on doing CC style inertia reel system. I am welding up my fuselage right now and need to decide.

I have seen different ways of welding on brackets including the following which is for the front seat:
seat1.thumb.jpg

Does anyone know why the extra tubes are added for welding the seat bracket instead of just welding the bracket to a existing tube closer to the rear seat legs? I prefer to not add extra tubes if possible.

For the shoulder harness brackets, does anyone have the bolt pattern dimensions for the inertial reel system so I can make my own brackets?

Thanks for any help.

Hi DJ,
I was hoping you might see this. I look at your photos all the time.

Do you happen to have the dimensions of the plate? Looks maybe 3x3?

The CC inertia reels have only one 3/8" mounting hole , to the best of my recollection.
Ron

Sounds like the Wag Aero shoulder harness STC - they use an AN-6 bolt.
If you do the stress analysis, an AN-3 ought to do it in shear. The aircraft itself will fold up first.

I have used the CC inertial - it makes your lap strap merge with your brassiere, sooner or later. A crotch strap is the cure for that, and ought to be the first thing added when you go to inertial shoulder harnesses.

Give me a Hooker or a Silver Parachute harness any day. That's how you survive a crunch. All opinion.

Back