• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

NY Super Cub Pilot Lands on Beach, Misses BBQ

At last, a reasonably reported "incident", and my kinda pilot: "I'm gonna miss my barbeque this afternoon".

No big deal, brudda...

MTV

This airplane is from my home airport (HWV) and I recall it flying off some hours on a (new?) engine a few weeks ago. It also has a belly tank.

I think this is the third off airport landing for this banner tow operation this summer.

Rich

My wife thinks "...it Broke" was a dumb answer, I don't think so.

If it ain't workin it's broke, so that's what I said.

Bob

When I was an apprentice first working with an HVAC serviceman with many years under his belt we were in this mechanical room attempting to diagnose the problem with a non operating chiller. We had this unusually nervous maintenance chief flitting about looking over our shoulders and for the most part getting in the way and complicating things. Finally he corners my partner and asks "Well whats wrong with it"
The answer without batting an eye.. I have been in the industry performing service for over 20 years. I am licensed in multiple states and have attended both college and technical schools. I have attended a myriad of seminars and manufacturers type training over the years and in my expert opinion I believe its ......Broke.

The maintenance chief fled the room immediately because he was loosing his mind or he was off to get a gun.

I have been a mechanic since 13 years old, Yep a Paid mechanic since 13. My first job was as a bicycle mechanic at a place called Jones Gun, Schwinn Cyclery, Locksmith & Safe shop. (This place really existed just ask duckhunter.) I got the job by really wanting a bicycle in the window and I spent everyday after scool looking at that bike (My mom worked down the street & I would walk down there between getting out of school and my mom getting off work) Finally one day I asked if they needed any help. The old man, Papa Jone as he was called, Said "Can you work?" I said yes and he said "Thats Broke, Fix it and I'll hire you". Well I got hired and worked there all the way through high school. So saying something is "broke" is really just a mechanics way of saying "I know whats wrong with it but I am not going to expalin it to you."

Back