• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Husky Project Anyone?

Taledrger

SPONSOR
SW Michigan
We put our Husky rebuild project on Ebay today. Decided, if we can break even, we'd rather fly than build this fall and winter. Take a look if your interested. Item number is 260025927048.

Kase,
I don't have an "official" repair estimate. The factory gave me a price for a complete ground up restoration. Other than that it's just what we "think" it will cost and that's just our opinion. As you know it depends alot on who does it and how it is done.
I know it sounds like a cop-out but I don't want to be responsible for any numbers. Bidders need to inspect and make their own estimates.

I can not replace it for $90K. Believe me I've been looking. That's one of the reasons we originally decided to fix it. If I thought the the rebuild would not put a huge strain on a great friendship I would go for it.
Besides if Steve fly's the one in his hanger much he will come over to the darkside and I won't be alone.....

The big problem is the availibilty of a jig to put the fuselage in to make sure the top deck is right. Also the price of Husky parts is out of this world. One of the reasons (IMHO) the insurance is higher then a Cub.

A nice project none the less if you lived near the Husky factory or knew someone that has a GOOD Husky jig.

Best wishes on your sale.

Crash

P.S. Most nose overs in my opinion are not caused by too much braking. They are caused by getting things out of order. Drop the flaps FIRST, then get on the brakes IF needed. Dropping the flaps transfers a lot of weight to the rear, right now!

Crash,

Not arguing the theory here, but I think you're mixing aerodynamics with gravity here. Moving the flaps does nothing to weight, nor does it transfer weight in any way.

Just being picky. 8)

MTV

mvivion said:
Crash,

Not arguing the theory here, but I think you're mixing aerodynamics with gravity here. Moving the flaps does nothing to weight, nor does it transfer weight in any way.

Just being picky. 8)

MTV

Hmmmm....that has not been my experience Mike. You touch down at say 40 mph and drop the flaps the tail immideatly comes down and you can get on the brakes HARD. Do the same landing with the flaps full down and get on the brakes the tail comes up FAST. Just my experience, no theory here. Crash

MTV, the flaps do change lift and moment, thereby changing the reaction forces of the wheels, the EFFECTIVE weight distribution.

Back