• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Alaska Airpark Open House Fly In - August 19th

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
Alaska_Airpark_Open_House1.jpg

Click here for the PDF with more information!

Great, I'll call Mead and some other guys in Maine, and if we leave tomorrow maybe we can be there on time :drinking:

Tim

Is there a floatpond there? I am off from work and could use a free meal.

Alaska Airpark

Tim,

Be careful what you suggest....You should be able to make it if you leave today! It took me 9 days on a "explore all around" kind of route from Virginia to the Alaska Airpark in June. And we will put you up when you get here.

This is where you can go within 50 miles of the Alaska Airpark:

AAWebsitePhotos21.JPG

and ...

KenaiFiords_08_2006_10.JPG

Torch, if you want, you can land nearby at Longmare Lake, and use a friends dock. And we will have plenty of food! We have fish a short flight away too!

AAWebsitePhotos56.JPG

Bob Breeden

www.AlaskaAirpark.com

Bob, You can't imagine how much I want to fly up there. If I did, I'd need a good lawyer, cause I know I'd be in divorce court :lol:

Tim

Tim,
Don't worry about that, do it anyway! I'm still up here from New Jersey and having a blast flying all around the state, from Anaktuvuk to the Aleutian Range and southern Alaska Peninsula and all points between!!

Just got back from exploring Prince William Sound, Cordova, the Copper River and a little bit of the Wrangells with Cub_Driver!

Bob, I'm going to head down to explore the Kenai Peninsula probably on Friday for a long weekend, will you put me up in your airpark? :wink:

Where is it, what other airport is it close to?

Christina

Christina,

Yes, you may stay at the Airpark. Give us a call when you get close. We look forward to hearing about your travels. And we may be up for some flying too when this low moves off. Fly safe.

Bob Breeden

www.AlaskaAirpark.com

Thanks Bob, looks like the low will be there through at least Saturday though, may do the Kenai starting Sunday or Monday instead.... and fly up into the interior to catch good weather up there in the meantime. Maybe explore around Kantishna, up to Ft Yukon, down through Eagle, Chicken, etc.

Hope to see you soon...

Bob,

Me and Dot will drop by. I've started working on the pictures. Here's a nice one.

bb1_600.jpg

Take Care

Jerry

Bob,

Just like Christina mentioned, the weather is looking bad for the trip. The forecast chart has a low centered right over the Kenai Penn. Figures. I may go north and caribou hunt on Monday if the weather is good.

Alaska Airpark Open House Extended to Sunday

Greetings!

Our Alaska Airpark Open House will be extended to include Sunday (August 20)hours between 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. this weekend due to possible rain in the forecast for early Saturday. We will still be there tomorrow (Saturday, August 19) between the hours of 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. with fresh brewed coffee and hot North Carolina style bar-b-que. You will be amazed at Anne Michael's cooking!

On the news front, two additional lots sold this week, so something is right. Also, we are arranging floatplane access.

The Lat Long coordinates and directions are on the attached flyer Steve posted above.

Drop on by, we look forward to seeing you!

Bob and Anne Michael Breeden

Bob, I am still on floats. How far is it from Longmere ? Or does the river cut through part of your property???

Rotar-Head Tom and I have been trying to fly up to meet a guy over on Mackey Lake but the weather never co-operates....

This has been one stinky summer...

Alex

Hi Alex,

The weather was good but windy over Mackey Lakes when I flew by there yesterday.

We are 10 miles east of Longmere Lake. And one half mile north of Sterling Highway. Near the Red/White tower, just before you go into the Wildlife Refuge.

If you are stopping by, call us on 907-260-2658, and we will let you know where on Longmere Lake you can either dock or beach and tie up your plane. Then when you fly over, we will slip over and pick you up!

Bob Breeden

Bob, I'm going to try to make it. The weather cleared enough late yesterday for me to fly down to Seldovia, but not early enough to really go sightseeing around the fjords. :-( Then heavy rain and crap weather - all I could do is jump over to Homer today, which is just like California.

Christina, why didn't you call while you were here?

Saturday afternoon cleared enough for me to do 4 hours of float flying with a new client.
By 8pm the winds died down and it was pretty calm...plus a nice sunset...

Rare for this summer...being all cold and rainy..
...not at all what us surfer dudes like to see....

Back