• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Seat Frame

Vermont Supercub

Stowe, Vermont
My PA-18 front seat frame broke. It's repairable but will take a lot of work. Is there anyone producing them? I checked Univair but couldn't find anything on their website.

I seached Supercub.org but only found info on seat cushions. Do the Cubcrafter seats come with frames, or is it just the cushions? Thanks for any help.

AL

Univair and Airframes Inc. sell new SC seats. There are the base and the seat back. The whole thing is quite spendy as in over $1K. Where did yours break?

Air Frames Inc., located in Big Lake Alaska has NEW seats. They sell them as the "bottom" or "top", the cost is about $720 per piece. Most of the time the bottom portion doesn't get damaged...its the seat back that take abuse.

If it were mine, I'd send it to Atlee Dodge. Ask them to fix the damage, plus make it folding. The HUGE advantage to the folding front seat is getting long objects into the plane, and it makes it MUCH easier for the back passenger to get it & out. I just has a seat hinged, I think it was only a couple hundred bucks.
I'd suspect they could repair your seat, make it hinge, have it powder coated and then send it back to you, all for less than buying a new one.

The seat is broken right at two of the bottom attach points. It is a folding seat, so maybe I'm better off fixing it. Thanks for the replies.

AL

Vermont:

Buy the lower seat kit for the PA-18-95. You will need to take your flap parts off of the old seat and transfer to the new one. This will save you some $$.

Good luck!

Tim

Back