• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New Cabelas open in Phoenix

Rob

AZ06
Just thought I'd pass on for all you western cubbers that Cabelas new store just opened up. It is actually in Glendale right across the highway from GEU.

Yesterday while paying my respects... and dues... I learned that new shoppers there are spending an average of three hours in the store! I must be wayyy above average :eek:

It has the standard North America diarama complete with a PA 11, as well as a seperate diarama dedicated to elk, deer and antelope. Also aquariums and a talking Teddy Roosevelt.

Any cubbers wanting to see this 8th wonder of the world look me up. I don't think I will tire of wandering the store anytime soon! :drinking:

Rob-

We got one goin' into Boise as well but I must say I am gunna have to visit them all!!! :angel:

ours in Utah opened a little over a year ago, I drove by there the other day and the parking lot is still full and half the freeway traffic going both directions was exiting at that off ramp. For the life of me I don't know why they build these things so far from an airport, the field they built this one in is familiar with Super Cub landings. Actually we used to hunt coyotes there before the area was discovered by humanity, but Cabellas is as welcome as a warm spring rain and I've purchased all kinds of cool cub camping stuff at this store.

db

The Cabela's in Prairie du Chien WI will send a taxi to pick you up at the airport and take you back when you are done on their dime! Don't know if they do this at all the stores, but it might be worth asking if the store is a reasonable distance from the nearest airport.

James

Back