• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Exhaust header

NimpoCub

Nimpo Lake, BC . . . AKA "the Floatplane Capital o
Where can I find/get a decent used right exhaust header for my 150hp Lycoming? My first annual as a proud (poor) owner of a SuperCub turned up a leak. Apparently a newie is over US$450, and I'd like to stay on the cheap side for now, until I recover from the "sticker shock" & then re-engine it in a year or two.
Be gentle, I'm a noob.

Check out Acorn Welding in Edmonton: you might be able to get yours repaired or replaced cheaper than you think. I needed a header repaired, and they had one on the shelf that was priced right. They do great work.

Yeah, well, we got one out'a Edmonton alright. It was a repaired stack, they charged $485. and shipping was $66. plus installation. When you're in a hurry you're over the barrel. When you're over the barrel you know where they stick ya.

Logan... still payin' & attempting playin'

I was paying in US$, so it didn't hurt quite so much. This was about 4 years ago, when the exchange rate was a little better. Still, they did a great job fabricating the header: it fit perfectly.

I have a right side one that has a small hole in a spot that looks easy to weld up. I tried and could not do it and I needed a quick fix so I next dayed a new one. Its laying on the floor in some junk,let me know if you need it and you pay shipping and what ever you think its worth. Call me.

Thanks PA-18,
Check yer private message thingie.
Logan

Back