• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Stolen Gas ????

J5Ron

GONE WEST
Valdez, Alaska
I just returned from my trip to South Dakota...Hot There...over 100 for many days...Today I went up to check on my cub which is parked at the Copper Center RW #2...(Alaska) It was still sitting there...but most of the gas was gone...spoke to the guy a few spots down...and he said someone stole one of his gas caps and about 15 gallons...I can't believe someone would do such a thing...

Ron

My Dad had gas stolen out of his Clipper. Thought it was his hanger mates till they found the dead grass spot outside and figured out someone broke into the hanger and put the gas out of their gas cans into their car. There is now a good gas can out ready for someone to steal. Doubt they get very far with it. 8)

Hmmm....

Hmmm. Sounds like an inside job to me, otherwise who would know the plane had car gas in it? Or, maybe they didn't care what kind of gas was in it as long as it would run in a car? Call the FBI. I am told the feds jump all over anything to do with aviation.

Mike

Dang! Well, I doubt locking gas caps would slow them down much....I like the sweet gas approach, but that could backfire.....is there a place within 50 ft you could hide a 'game camera'?? Alarms aren't worth much on a deserted field....there is a field around here where hidden video cameras monitor everything...and stealable items have beacon transmitters in them...the generator has been stolen three times now, is again sitting where it belongs next to the hanger waiting for the next idiot...

My 98 chev pu runs just fine on 100LL and passes it's test every year. I have not been near Glenallen this summer, but if you leave me your N #. I will stay away from your cub.

My brother had a problem with diesel fuel disappearing from the big tank out back. He drained it, filled it with unleaded. Just a matter of leaving word at the local dealerships to call him if someone shows up with unleaded in their diesel pickup. Took less than a week
Ken

A neighboring farmer switched his gas and diesel tanks. That Sunday morning there was a line of stalled cars belonging to local kids between his place and town. Pretty much cured his disappearing fuel problem.

In Fairbanks in late May, a guy went out at 10 AM and stole the exhaust system off a Scout. I'm sure people were just driving by thinking he was a mechanic working on an airplane at the floatpond on International Airport.

That is gutsy, and discouraging,

MTV

Supposedly a true story , but!
A guy converted an old bus into a camper. He wasn't planning on traveling far so he had only use for one fuel tank. At home one evening his wife awoke him saying somebody was outside. You know men he ignored her. The next morning she went out side to investigate and in a pile of vomit was a set of false teeth. You can guess what use he had for the other tank in a camper. It would serve the thief right, if it is true. Everyone around here says it's true but nobody knows any of the people involved.

Hot temps & free fuel

Too bad you couldn't have caught the weasels
Had that happen once the next time my lab took care of them

What part of South Dakota did you visit, did you get to the Black Hills.
If you get this way again let me know. I am just west of Spearfish
Also if you need gas don't buy it at Black Hills Clyde Ice field
Go north to Belle Fourche (EFC) - will be at least a dollar a gallon cheaper.

Back