• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

CUBCRAFTERS SPORT CUB RECEIVES LSA CERTIFICATION

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
7/7/2006 Yakima, WA: Today CubCrafters received its Light Sport Aircraft (S-LSA) airworthiness certificate for SPORT CUB serial number CC11-0001 . FAA Aviation Safety Inspector Steve Slagle, of the Seattle MIDO office, was on hand to make the presentation. CubCrafters President Jim Richmond praised the organization. “I commend the entire CubCrafters team for a job well done. I am sure our customers feel the same way. No doubt, to some we have taken more time than we might have hoped to reach this milestone, but the reality is we have intentionally taken extra steps in designing, prototyping, analyzing and testing to ensure that SPORT CUB far exceeds ASTM standards. In fact, we have ensured that SPORT CUB exceeds the more rigid standards our customers have set for us over the past 26 years.”

Richmond added, “Today’s news is much larger than just a new airplane. We not only have now validated that SPORT CUB meets and exceeds the applicable ASTM standards, but we have also verified a completely new design for the airplane that inspired Light Sport Aircraft category. This certification is truly a ‘stamp of approval’ for the entire SPORT CUB program.”

Jim closed by acknowledging the substantial number of SPORTC UB orders. “With the final hurdle now cleared, deliveries of SPORT CUBs to our customers that have waited patiently are set to begin. We are certain that their patience will be rewarded.”

Cubcracter's LSA

I was walking to work the other morning and saw all the "to do" about the Cubcrafter's LSA. They had an example in downtown Yakima near the Capitol Theatre and the William O. Douglas Federal Bldg. Press was there.... big publicity deal.
I wish them all the success in the world.
However, it will not erase the past.

Here's to a successful venture!

You can't beat an old cub,
Sincerely.
James Beranek

Back