• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Making friends and landing new places.

scout88305

SPONSOR
Northern Minnesota
The other evening I kinda threw a dart at the map sorta speak.

Looking for a fun new destination to fly I perused the SC member map for someone with a airstrip. I communicated my intentions to land and got a green light.

The evening was perfect and a 30 minute flight in a direction I seldom go found me on a beloved little 1000 ft. airstrip. I met the strangers and found on departure that we no longer were strangers but friends. The funny thing is we both want a SC but fly something else for now.

Here are a few shots of paradise even though the Supercub is missing. Give us time, it will happen.

IMG_4116.jpg

IMG_4119.jpg

IMG_4118.jpg

Hey - that nice looking cream and orange and yellow bird used to be mine! Glad to see Keith has it at such a nice strip. Hope to drop in some day to check out his new strip and my old ride. Always cool to visit airplane people - haven't met many that I don't like.

Very nice !! You guys are certainly welcome at my place any time. Usually got the coffee on or the beer cold depending on the time of day. Would love to meet up with more of you guys up in this neck of the woods. Oh ya, there's a couple of Super Cubs here as well. And every now and then there's even an amphib Super cub around. We're not to far away if the hanger door is open !!

Making friends and landing new places

scout88305 I see you have found Lake Alice International !! It's a beautifull spot for someone that is short field qualified. It's too bad he can't fill in some of the bog to get a little more runway - but the DNR would frown on that! Stop in sometime , I'm about the same distance from you, M-20 6676N

Eric,

It was a pleasure meeting you also. By the way there is an 8-point buck standing right out in front of my house as I write this. :D

All you guys close to me....I will try and stop into your strips whenever I get a chance. Maybe I should quit working on the house for a couple of days and go flying.

Russ, She's purring like a kitten. Been trying to get ahold of Chuck for the annual but no luck so far.

John, Lake Alice International!! Good one. LOL!!!

Now if a bunch of guys from SC would just stop in and help me finish this house so I could fly more often I'd be a happy camper!!!

Anybody in the area is welcome to stop in.

Keith

I keep my cub at Dave Jaransons and am always looking for places to go visit but need to know your location...

Pat Angelo

Keith, I recognized your place by the pics you showed me HI. Looks like things are going good. Thanks for all your help in HI. Rick

Back